We need your amazing chicken photos for our 2020 Calendar! Submit your pics HERE!

Hello!

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Kinseth, Jul 16, 2019.

1. Kinseth

Kinseth In the Brooder

Jul 16, 2019
    I'm a first-time chicken-keeper here in central Ohio.

Right now we have 13 chickens in our flock (it's sort of a joint venture between my mom and I), but we're in town and I would like to find new homes for some of them so they all have a little more space. Three Easter Eggers, a Silver-laced Wyandotte, and a Sapphire Gem were the five I brought home back in mid-April, and my mom got four Barred Plymouth Rocks and four Rhode Island Reds. One of the RIRs is definitely a rooster, so he will for sure have to go-- sadly, no roosters are allowed in town.

This forum came up a TON while I was looking for information on various things in Google, so I figured it might be a good idea for me to join.

I would like to be a future homesteader or hobby farmer, with some ducks, pigs, mini cows and maybe alpacas. My ultimate dream would be to have a real glasshouse to grow tropical fruits in Ohio; it's definitely unrealistic, although I do already have a lot of houseplants.

I also help my mom with her beekeeping, but my primary hobbies are gardening and knitting.

I'm hoping being a part of this forum will help me take better care of our chickens, so they can live long and happy lives being frankly weird little dinosaurs.

rjohns39, Meg-in-MT, N F C and 10 others like this.
  2. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years.

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    Thank you for joining us at Backyard Chickens, hope you will enjoy it as much as we do.

3. sourland

sourland Broody Magician

May 3, 2009
    New Jersey
    Welcome to BYC. Glad that you have joined our community. Good luck with your flock.

rjohns39, Meg-in-MT, N F C and 8 others like this.
  4. DobieLover

DobieLover Easily distracted by chickens

Jul 23, 2018
    Apalachin, NY
    My Coop
    Hello and welcome to BYC! :frow Glad you joined. I hope you find nice homes for some of your birds. Good luck rehoming your cockerel.

rjohns39, sourland, Meg-in-MT and 8 others like this.
  5. fldiver97

fldiver97 Enabler

Aug 5, 2009
    Middleton, WI
    My Coop
    Welcome :welcome Nice to have you here!

rjohns39, sourland, Meg-in-MT and 8 others like this.
  6. Evelyn Walker

Evelyn Walker Songster

Apr 3, 2019
    South Florida
    Hi and thanks for joining us! Good luck on your chicken-keeping adventures! :)

7. CarpCharacin

CarpCharacin Cyprinus carpio

Aug 17, 2016
    Salt Lake City, UT
    My Coop
    Welcome to BYC! We're glad you decided to join our wonderful community! :welcome

8. BlueBaby

BlueBaby Enabler

Hello, and welcome! Glad that you joined! Good luck with your flock!

9. penny1960

penny1960 Going back to La La Land

Dec 29, 2015
    Mossyrock, WA
    Welcome to Backyard Chickens hope you enjoy the time here we do

10. Pork Pie

Pork Pie Flockwit

Jan 30, 2015
    Hello and welcome to BYC. I hope that you enjoy your time here.

This is a useful link to take a look at - “How to...” guides. You may wish to consider including your location under your avatar (using the guide in the link above). You can use this link to contact members in your area - U.S. States

Best wishes

Pork Pie

rjohns39, sourland, Meg-in-MT and 4 others like this.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: