HELLO

Sophia_1

In the Brooder
May 14, 2021
Hello I'm a new duck mom. I have 2 Pekin ducks. I use to have 3 but a raccoon attack killed one 😔. I am really into photography. I rescue any animal that can help. I have two cats and a hedgehog all rescues. I'm disabled and immunosuppressant so during the pandemic I can't get out much so I decided to get the three ducks and I thought it would also cheer up my 92 year old grandfather and grandmother that I live with. My ducks are about 2 months old now and I've been seeing this website a lot when I look for advice how to raise them so I finally decided to join and after my ducks got attacked.

I
Hello I'm a new duck mom. I have 2 Pekin ducks. I use to have 3 but a raccoon attack killed one 😔. I am really into photography. I rescue any animal that can help. I have two cats and a hedgehog all rescues. I'm disabled and immunosuppressant so during the pandemic I can't get out much so I decided to get the three ducks and I thought it would also cheer up my 92 year old grandfather and grandmother that I live with. My ducks are about 2 months old now and I've been seeing this website a lot when I look for advice how to raise them so I finally decided to join and after my ducks got attacked.
I'm sorry about your ducks! welcome to byc! have a great day!!

So sorry about your duck. Raccoons are ruthless predators. If a chicken/duck whatever is leaning against a chicken wire fence, a raccoon will bite off any body part it can reach. They have opposable thumbs and can open any latch a human can, except for combination locks. I'm sure one day they will manage to figure those out also.

Back
Top Bottom