Hello!

T3rrorToff33

Chirping
Nov 27, 2021
I lost my original account so here we go again!

I'm Jaeger, a german youngling,

I currently have no chickens, i am mostly here for advice on quails! I currently have 2 button quails that have reached the end of their life and want to switch to coturnix quails afterwards.

My other hobbies include woodworking, gradening and art, all of which go pretty well with my interest in poultry/homesteading I'd say. Im mostly interested in keeping poultry because animal welfare is a HUGE topic for me in my personal life, but i enjoy both eggs and poultry meat too much to fully back away from them. My solution? produce my own! Currently i buy eggs from my nexdoor neighbor and meat from a local farm, both obviously come at a high price so i thought why not raise animals for my own meat consumption?

I want to get into homesteading later in life but since im not financially independent to do it just yet, poulty seems like a perfect way to start!

Very excited to get back into the forum :D

Hi! Welcome :welcome :wee
Glad to have you here :)

If you need specific advice on quail, you can ask @Nabiki and/or check out my article on quail https://www.backyardchickens.com/articles/quail-for-beginners.76942/

And you can always start a thread with whatever questions you might have. We'd be more than happy to try to assist you in whatever you might need ❤️

Good luck with your birds!

Back
Top Bottom