Hello!

treeoflife5785chickens

In the Brooder
Jun 21, 2022
Hello, my name is Jacky. I live in Southern Idaho and have 5 baby chickens. I simply copied and pasted the template for this new member introduction...
(1) Are you new to chickens / when did you first get chickens?
This is our first flock. We picked the girls up from the hatchery on 6/11/22, and they were born 6/7. They are now two weeks old.

(2) How many chickens do you have right now?
We have 5 baby chicks, we hope are all hens.

(3) What breeds do you have?
All five are Rhode Island Reds, as they are supposed to be hardy, friendly, great layers, and a great beginner chicken.

(4) What are your favorite aspects of raising backyard chickens?
Honestly, My husband and I are trying to conceive, so the baby chicks have been a good outlet for caring for something that depends on you. They are also very funny, with their own little personalities. It is also fun learning something new.

(5) What are some of your other hobbies?
I enjoy organic cooking (Israeli cuisine especially), cross stitch, crochet

(6) Tell us about your family, your other pets, your occupation, or anything else you'd like to share.
The chickens are our only pets, but long term, we dream of owning goats, as well as a border collie to breed. My occupation is homemaker/Ambassador for Christ. I also teach children about the Bible. It is life's biggest blessing. Everyone should know how deeply they are loved by their Creator.

(7) Bonus: How did you find BYC, how long have you known about BYC, and what made you finally join our awesome community? :D
I found out about BYC while googling chicken questions I had over the internet. I joined to use this as a tool. Things are always better in community.

Back
Top Bottom