Hello!

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by mcvrxjen, Jul 18, 2010.

1. mcvrxjen

mcvrxjen Out Of The Brooder

May 24, 2010
    Nathalie, VA
    Hi, i just found this "room" today, so even though I have posted some before, I figured I should go back and introduce myself:)! I just started with 6 chicks back in april, and then obtained 7 more in may(of which 2 died not long after arrival from the hatchery) and the remaining 5 are healthy and happy! From the first set I had 3 production reds and 3 black mystery breeds from TSC (I have a post trying to figure out what those guys are...). The second set I tried some new breeds- 2 columbian wyandottes, 2 partridge rocks, and a black austrolorp. I also bought some baby guineas after those chickies were old enough to go out in my "adolescent" tractor, 10 pearls and 2 whites. They recently have moved outside- its a little early, but the smell in the house was making my husband and I crazy! So I guess I have been bitten by the poultry bug! And the husband is finding a new talent/hobby of building chicken/guinea coops:D! Outside of chickens, I am a pharmacist, and my husband teaches riding and trains horses- we have just bought a new farm and are setting up for our own lesson/boarding/training facility. He is surprised how much he likes the chickens too, and they havent even started laying yet! We are trying to live a little "greener," so I am trying out the guineas for fly/tick control for the horses. We also have 3 dogs (aussie/lab mix, jack russell, and toy poodle), a sweet kitty, and an elderly gentleman bunny, along with 2 TB horses, a Warmblood/QH cross, a Draft pony, and a Welsh/Appendix cross. We are full of creatures and now I am trying to get pregnant and make the fam just a little bit bigger! I love this websight, I could read posts all day long- its like obtaining knowledge from my wise old country granny that I never had!
    [​IMG]

2. Cats Critters

Cats Critters Completely Indecisive

[​IMG]

3. Leia's Chickens

Leia's Chickens A Sunkissed Delight

Jun 20, 2010
    Oklahoma!
    [​IMG] from oklahoma! I want to be a pharmacist when I grow up. [​IMG]

4. mcvrxjen

mcvrxjen Out Of The Brooder

May 24, 2010
    Nathalie, VA
    You should do it! Its a great job with lots of types of things you can get into- from a local drugstore to politics! plus it helps when someone you care about is sick... I get calls from my family and friends all the time!

5. theoldchick

theoldchick The Chicken Whisperer

May 11, 2010
    Beautiful country home!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by