Hello!

Indiana farm chick

In the Brooder
9 Years
Nov 21, 2010
Wawaka, Indiana
I've lurked here for quite awhile, so I decided to join in! I began raising chickens in 2005. At first I just raised Cornish Cross roasters in a tractor in the back yard. Then I tried a few Isa Brown hens which I enjoyed. Once my daughter started 4-H, I expanded into raising standard breed chickens. Right now I have two Black Jersey Giants-probably both roosters, two Blue Jersey Giant hens, a pair of Speckled Sussexs, a Sultan rooster, a pair of Rhode Island Red bantams, a trio of Dark Brahma bantams and a Red Pyle Old English bantam pullet. I just can't decide on one breed!

I live on the farm that my great-grandfather purchased in the 1920's. My husband and I both work off-farm, but we raise corn and soybeans on about 100 acres. I teach middle school orchestra and play piano for a local church. My husband makes parts for spinal implants. At one time we raised hogs commercially. Through the years I've raised pygmy goats, ducks, geese and pot-bellied pigs. Now it's just the chicks, four cats and a neurotic dog.

I'm looking forward to sharing with other poultry lovers.

welcome-byc.gif

Back
Top Bottom