Hello

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by ncgirl, Jan 20, 2011.

1. ncgirl

ncgirl New Egg

Jan 20, 2011
    Asheboro
    I'm new to the board, so I wanted to introduce myself. I'm Cortney [​IMG] I'm interested in raising chicken, and found this website via Google. It looks like a great resource...very glad I found this site!

I know this isn't the thread to ask this, but does anyone know how I can find out about the laws for backyard chickens in Asheboro, NC? I Googled it but didn't come up with anything clear, that answered my questions. Thank you!

2. stilldeb

stilldeb Chillin' With My Peeps

May 28, 2010
    NW Kentucky
    Hi Cortney -

Welcome! I'm usually pretty good at finding things, so took up the challenge of finding what you were looking for. Found this in the Asheboro, NC city code: http://www.amlegal.com/nxt/gateway.dll/North%20Carolina/asheboro/cityofasheboronorthcarolinacodeofordinan?f=templates$fn=default.htm$3.0$vid=amlegal:asheboro_nc

§
    91.03 KEEPING OF POULTRY REGULATED.
    Any person who owns or maintains pens, en- closures, coops, or shelters in which chickens, turkeys, ducks or other fowl are kept shall maintain such pens, enclosures, coops, or shelters in a sanitary condition. Manure accumulating in such pens, enclosures, coops or shelters shall be placed daily in a bin which shall be watertight and so constructed that it is fly-proof, or in a watertight barrel with a tight-fitting lid, and shall be removed from the premises of the owner at least every five days. Effective fly control methods such as the use of approved insecticide shall be practiced during the fly-breeding period from April 15 to November 1 of each year.

('69 Code, § 4-4) (Ord. passed 10-4-56) Penalty, see § 91.99

I hope this helps you, and I hope you are able to get chickens soon!

deb g
    KY

3. ncgirl

ncgirl New Egg

Jan 20, 2011
    Asheboro
    Thank you so much, Deb. I appreciate that you took the time to find that for me. Thank you!

4. Hillbilly Hen

Hillbilly Hen Overrun With Chickens

Apr 11, 2009
    Newaygo Michigan
    [​IMG] & [​IMG] to the addiction!

I have been through Ashboro a time or two. Beautiful country! I have family in NC.

Last edited: Jan 20, 2011
  5. erner

erner Chillin' With My Peeps

Quote:[​IMG] and [​IMG] !

6. Luckytaz

Luckytaz Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 28, 2010
    Rogers, Mn.
    Welcome, from Minnesota.

7. Lostbody

Lostbody Out Of The Brooder

Sep 21, 2010
    Oakland, CA
  8. Wild Trapper

Wild Trapper Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 1, 2011
    Ohio
    [​IMG] from Ohio

9. 4-H chicken mom

4-H chicken mom Overrun With Chickens

Aug 3, 2007
    Oberlin, OH
    [​IMG] and [​IMG] from Ohio. Good luck. [​IMG]

10. crtrlovr

crtrlovr Still chillin' with my peeps

Hi, Cortney! You're gonna love this place... but they were telling the truth -- it really IS addictive! [​IMG] [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by