1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Hello!

Discussion in 'Ornamental Fowl (Swans, etc.)' started by Mike L., Jan 20, 2011.

1. Mike L.

Mike L. Out Of The Brooder

Jan 20, 2011
    First things first, first time poster, long time reader! I am just so excited to finally be apart of this esteemed forum. I have learned so much from you guys. Some of you should really be paid for the knowledge that you give away for free! But, I am a shy boy, hence why I have never posted here. I don't wanna come across as an idiot!!! LOL! Well enough about me, I just wanted to say hello.

2. Imp

Imp All things share the same breath- Chief Seattle

Hello right back at you from an imp in Washington

No need to be shy here. Glad you joined

Imp

3. chocolate m'scovy

chocolate m'scovy Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 14, 2010
    Hi Mike! Glad to have you here. [​IMG]

And don't worry about coming across as an idiot- we all have our moments. [​IMG]

To back up that thought I just realized that this post is on the "ornamental fowl" section and not the "new member introduction" section. So before you ask, I don't have any ornamental fowl...unless by ornamental you mean the fowl that just eat food, food, and more food. [​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 20, 2011
  4. Mike L.

Jan 20, 2011
    Hello mates!

Well my real interest is in waterfowl. I also like geese and swans as well. So that's why I posted here!

5. chocolate m'scovy

Jan 14, 2010
    Ornamental waterfowl?

6. Mike L.

Jan 20, 2011
    Yes, like falacated teal. My hope is to one day have some. As I said though, I like geese and swans too. Pigmy geese being my favorite geese. Although I do not think there are any outside of South america in captivity.

7. chocolate m'scovy

Jan 14, 2010
    Never heard of falacated teal before! But I just looked; they look like a cross between Mandarin and Calls.

Do you have any fowl yet? Or are you just contemplating the extremely expensive and exotic varieties? [​IMG]

8. sourland

sourland Broody Magician Premium Member

May 3, 2009
    New Jersey
    [​IMG] Mikel. Don't worry about looking like an idiot. Guaranteed there are many here who have you beat.[​IMG] Have you met Imp, Mrbirdaholic, and Mississippifarmboy yet.[​IMG]

9. Boggy Bottom Bantams

Boggy Bottom Bantams Overrun With Chickens

Mar 9, 2008
    Hahira, GA
    Mike L. :

Hello mates!

Well my real interest is in waterfowl. I also like geese and swans as well. So that's why I posted here!

Hi Mike
    you may be interested in one of my threads if you havent seen it already then.
    Go to the duck section, it's located in the top section with the sticky threads
    Listed as ornamental and migratory waterfowl info thread

First few pages are full of info on keeping all the 100+ some odd species of ducks, then the rest is general discussion. If you have any questions, please feel free to ask away on there, I'll be glad to help you out.​

10. chocolate m'scovy

Jan 14, 2010
    Quote:Hey sourland, when I saw you here, I couldn't help wondering if you were bringing in mrbirdaholic, mississippi, and co. [​IMG]

*edited to remove possibly inflammatory statement

Last edited: Jan 20, 2011

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by