Hello!

Mike L.

In the Brooder
9 Years
Jan 20, 2011
First things first, first time poster, long time reader! I am just so excited to finally be apart of this esteemed forum. I have learned so much from you guys. Some of you should really be paid for the knowledge that you give away for free! But, I am a shy boy, hence why I have never posted here. I don't wanna come across as an idiot!!! LOL! Well enough about me, I just wanted to say hello.

Hi Mike! Glad to have you here.
smile.png

And don't worry about coming across as an idiot- we all have our moments.
gig.gif

To back up that thought I just realized that this post is on the "ornamental fowl" section and not the "new member introduction" section. So before you ask, I don't have any ornamental fowl...unless by ornamental you mean the fowl that just eat food, food, and more food.
smile.png

Last edited:
Hello mates!

Well my real interest is in waterfowl. I also like geese and swans as well. So that's why I posted here!

Yes, like falacated teal. My hope is to one day have some. As I said though, I like geese and swans too. Pigmy geese being my favorite geese. Although I do not think there are any outside of South america in captivity.

Never heard of falacated teal before! But I just looked; they look like a cross between Mandarin and Calls.

Do you have any fowl yet? Or are you just contemplating the extremely expensive and exotic varieties?
tongue.png

welcome-byc.gif
Mikel. Don't worry about looking like an idiot. Guaranteed there are many here who have you beat.
hide.gif
Have you met Imp, Mrbirdaholic, and Mississippifarmboy yet.
lau.gif

Mike L. :

Hello mates!

Well my real interest is in waterfowl. I also like geese and swans as well. So that's why I posted here!

Hi Mike
you may be interested in one of my threads if you havent seen it already then.
Go to the duck section, it's located in the top section with the sticky threads
Listed as ornamental and migratory waterfowl info thread

First few pages are full of info on keeping all the 100+ some odd species of ducks, then the rest is general discussion. If you have any questions, please feel free to ask away on there, I'll be glad to help you out.​

Quote:
Hey sourland, when I saw you here, I couldn't help wondering if you were bringing in mrbirdaholic, mississippi, and co.
tongue.png

*edited to remove possibly inflammatory statement

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom