Hello :)

jwg423

Chirping
8 Years
Jun 10, 2011
Minnesota
(1) Are you new to chickens / when did your first get chickens?

My family is new to chickens. We got our first batch by mail from a hatchery about 8 weeks ago. I honestly did not think that I would like these as much as I do, but they are great I love it!

(2) How many chickens do you have right now?

We have about 110 Chickens right now, Yep, the motto around here seems to be "go big or go home...." we definitely have the room, and a spare barn to spare just for chickens, but they only sleep in there we lock them in for their own protection at night and we let them free range during the daylight hours.

(3) What breeds do you have?

We have white leg horns, easter eggers, buff orpingtons, and what the breeder labeled free range broilers.
We were told our easter eggers were Ameracanas but after some poking around in the forums I am leaning more toward easter eggers, but this is fine we were mostly interested in the egg color anyway.

(4) How did you find out about BackYardChickens.com?

Before we decided on raising chickens we did some researching online and discovered that back yard chickens was very helpful in answering any questions that we had.

(5) What are some of your other hobbies?

No time for hobbies, I have 3 boys, 7 pigs and 110 chickens, but if I find spare time I like to read and take pictures.

frow.gif
&
welcome-byc.gif
from Louisiana!

Holy cow! err chicken thats a lot of chickens! welcome to the forum Im new as well. Hope you find all the information you need. What type of pigs do you have? Have you checked out backyardherd.com at all? I just stumbled onto it today and was curious if it was as informative as this is. Welcome to the Club!

Thank you everyone, I am also from Minnesota.
My pigs are some sort of mix of hampshire I believe, not positive on that.
I havent looked at that site, thank you for the info I will check it out sometime
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom