1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Hello:)

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Shinka95, Jul 16, 2011.

1. Shinka95

Shinka95 New Egg

Jul 16, 2011
    (1) Are you new to chickens / when did you first get chickens?
    Kinda i got my first chickens 2 years ago but im still learning about chickens:)

(2) How many chickens do you have right now?
    14 and 1 of my frizzles is broody:cd

(3) What breeds do you have?
    2 frizzles(females), 2 black sex links(females), 1 new hampshire(female), 1 australorp(male),2 barred plymouth rocks(female and male), 2 golden comets(females), 2 opingtons(females),1 wyandotte(female), 1 polish(male)

(4) How did you find out about BackYardChickens.com?
    google

(5) What are some of your other hobbies?
    rasing chickens, playing the guitar,and hanging out with friends and family.

(6) Tell us about your family, your other pets, your occupation, or anything else you'd like to share.
    Hello my name is Elisabeth im 16 and i live in oregon. I have lots of chickens and a dog hes german shepherd and australian shepherd.

2. JulieNKC

JulieNKC Overrun With Chickens

Sep 25, 2010
    Kansas City
    [​IMG]

3. hcppam

hcppam Chillin' With My Peeps

Hi, from Big Bear Ca. YOu'll love it here. [​IMG] [​IMG]

4. okiechick57

okiechick57 Chillin' With My Peeps

1. not new,got my first chickens 9 yrs ago after asking for them for my birthday,first time living on land and always wanted chickens in my yard,dont ask me why, I am from Los Angeles and never saw a chicken outside the freezer dept [​IMG]

2. I have 50, big and little

3. Jersey Giants, Welsummer's , Arauancanas, Easter eggers, Naked neck,silkies,frizzles

4. I so cannot remember how I found BYC

5.Flea Market Gardening (repurposing junk) , buy and sell at auctions and estate sales

6. My occupation is mainly to care for the farm.... side work on weekends as told above, Have a big fat ex-rodeo horse, 1 Schnauzer and one mutt, 2 kittens,raise Quail aslo.... have one button Quail in the house,looking for mate. Name is Kathleen and I am old [​IMG]

5. okiechick57

okiechick57 Chillin' With My Peeps

Oh and welcome ! [​IMG]

6. dawg53

dawg53 Humble

Nov 27, 2008
    Jacksonville, Florida
    Welcome to BYC.

7. Imp

Imp All things share the same breath- Chief Seattle

[​IMG]

Imp

8. ashleylancaster

ashleylancaster Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 22, 2011
    ALABAMA
    A BIG [​IMG] FROM ALABAMA! NEW TO RAISING CHICKENS STARTED ABOUT 5-6 WEEKS AGO BUT LOST THEM ALL FRIDAY MORNING IT WAS THEIR FIRST NIGHT IN THEIR COOP AND SOMETHING GOT IN.ANYWAY WE WILL BE STARTING OVER AGAIN SOON, MAYBE I'LL HAVE BETTER LUCK THIS TIME SENSE I FIXED THE COOP. AGAIN A BIG WELCOME TO THE BYC.

9. FarmCoe

FarmCoe Flock Mistress

May 22, 2010
    Planet Earth
    [​IMG] Hello! [​IMG]

10. MSDeb

MSDeb Chillin' With My Peeps

Welcome to BYC, glad you decided to join.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by