Hello!

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by laurajeanrose, Jul 19, 2011.

1. laurajeanrose

laurajeanrose New Egg

Jul 19, 2011
    Hi! I've been lurking here for the past couple of months and thought that I'd make it official. [​IMG]
    My name is Laura and I live in southeastern Michigan. I just got six ISA Brown chicks in May. They're thriving and growing and provide me with at least one chuckle a day. We've gotten ducks in the past and I had chickens as a teenager, but this was my first time raising chicks.

I found BackYardChickens.com when I was searching for answers to some of my early questions when the chicks were tiny. I kept coming back to learn more, find some answers and learn about the breed.

I live in a somewhat rural area. We have 15 acres all together, but live on a busy road. My husband and I own and operate a water well drilling company, our kids are grown and one has left the nest. We have two Lab mix dogs and an indoor cat (the chickens have a fenced in yard). I love to read, write and do a little needlework. I love to walk in our woods when the mosquitoes and deerfly aren't attacking. My family means everything to me.

2. gamebirdsonly

gamebirdsonly Overrun With Chickens

Mar 5, 2007
    UTAH
    [​IMG]

3. StevenW.

StevenW. Lovin' My Quackers!

Oct 7, 2010
    Central, Illinois
    [​IMG]

4. Cadjien_De_Louisiane

Cadjien_De_Louisiane SWLA Gamefowl Breeder

Apr 18, 2011
    Welsh, LA
    Hello from Southwest Louisiana, [​IMG] [​IMG]

5. weimarmama

weimarmama Overrun With Chickens

Jun 4, 2010
    Alabama
    My Coop
    [​IMG] & [​IMG] from Alabama. Glad you joined us.

6. dawg53

dawg53 Humble

Nov 27, 2008
    Jacksonville, Florida
    Welcome to BYC.

7. Leia's Chickens

Leia's Chickens A Sunkissed Delight

Jun 20, 2010
    Oklahoma!
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

8. BayouPoules

BayouPoules Chillin' With My Peeps

laurajeanrose,.. your name caught my eye,.. very pretty and feminine,.. I would like to say welcome to this great forum from down here in Louisiana [​IMG]

You found BYC the same way a big majority did,.. looking for answers!
    Well as you have learned,. this is the place to learn and meet people just like yourself,.. and some kinda different folks too. It's nice that you and you DH have a business together,.. it's the American way!,.. providing water to others is a gift. [​IMG]

9. 4-H chicken mom

4-H chicken mom Overrun With Chickens

Aug 3, 2007
    Oberlin, OH
    [​IMG] and [​IMG] from a sizzling Ohio. So glad you joined. [​IMG]

10. Barred Babies

Barred Babies Red Roof Farms

Sep 20, 2009
    Pride, La.
    [​IMG] & [​IMG] from Louisiana!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by