Hello!

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by vstillman, Jul 21, 2011.

1. vstillman

vstillman New Egg

Jul 21, 2011
    Hi! [​IMG] I am new to posing on this site..but have been reading this site for almost a year now. I LOVE this site....it is soo helpful! My husband and I have learned alot! Thanks!

Now to introduce ourselves... we have been raising chickens for almost a year now and we LOVE it. We started with 2 silkies to eat the bugs in our garden and didnt know that they would EAT my plants in the process...[​IMG].(newbie mistake I know) that is how I found BYC by searching the internet and researching... Our brood has now grown to 50+ chickens...[​IMG] our main breeds are Silkies, Barred Rocks, and Americanas., with a few odd breeds here and there, oh, and we have one duck. We now sell eggs and chickens through our Ag swap, craigslist, and word of mouth. Our venture also includes 2 incubators, we have been pretty sucessful in hatching our eggs out....YAY!!! [​IMG]
    Our dream is to move to a farm one day so we can expand, and maybe learn to raise a few pigs and goats...(we also raise rabbits [​IMG])
    Well, thanks for reading my intro and look foreward from learning from you all!!!!

Vickie

2. FeatheredObsessions

FeatheredObsessions Chillin' With My Peeps

May 24, 2010
    Oregon
    [​IMG]

3. Poppafrog

Poppafrog Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 28, 2011
    Horn Lake MS
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

4. LittleDarlings

LittleDarlings Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 14, 2011
    Madison, GA
    Welcome!! The people here are VERY helpful AND friendly!! Just a lil FYI, this site has a sister site called www.BackYardHerds.com that deals with the goats and other stuff for when you're ready [​IMG]

5. wava1vaughn

wava1vaughn Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 24, 2011
    Cairo Ga.
    [​IMG]

Hi from Ga. welcome aboard.

6. Leia's Chickens

Leia's Chickens A Sunkissed Delight

Jun 20, 2010
    Oklahoma!
    [​IMG] from Oklahoma! [​IMG]

7. TheChickenCameFirst

TheChickenCameFirst Chillin' With My Peeps

[​IMG] from Southern NH!! Your dream sounds very close to mine, although you are closer to it than I! [​IMG] We have no chickens at the moment because we lost our 6 pullets to a critter... but we are working on starting over! [​IMG] I hope someday your dream will be realized! Glad to have you as an addition to BYC!!

8. chicmom

chicmom Dances with Chickens

Feb 24, 2009
    Strasburg Ohio
    Hello Vickie and welcome from OHIO!

9. dawg53

dawg53 Humble

Nov 27, 2008
    Jacksonville, Florida
    Welcome to BYC.

10. weimarmama

weimarmama Overrun With Chickens

Jun 4, 2010
    Alabama
    My Coop
    [​IMG] & [​IMG] from Alabama. Glad you joined us.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by