Hello!!

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by 10layingladies, Jul 28, 2011.

1. 10layingladies

10layingladies Out Of The Brooder

Jul 28, 2011
    My name is Nikki. I've perused this site for some time now and decided I should join in the fun and get answers to my sometimes quirky questions.
    (1) Are you new to chickens / when did you first get chickens? My six year old daughter and I decided in March that we should visit our local TSC and get some pullets. Started out with 12 chicks. The dog took care of one and then one ended up being a rooster so he went to the preacher's farm:)

(2) How many chickens do you have right now? We have a total of 10 hens:
    (3) What breeds do you have?5 White Leghorns and 5 of what we think are Rhode Island Reds but may just be production hens....

(4) How did you find out about BackYardChickens.com? google

(5) What are some of your other hobbies? reading, golf, quilting

(6) Tell us about your family, your other pets, your occupation, or anything else you'd like to share. I am a nurse by trade and mom/wife by profession. I have a wonderful husband of 12 years, a six year old daughter, two dogs, a cat, a fish and 10 hens.

2. BrokenRoadFarm

BrokenRoadFarm Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 10, 2011
    North Central NC
    [​IMG] from NC!

3. redsoxs

redsoxs Chicken Obsessed

Jul 17, 2011
    North Central Kansas
    Hey Nikki! Welcome to BYC. [​IMG]

1. I had chickens when I was just a kid and decided to get back into it after about a 40 year break! So glad I did.
    2 & 3. Eleven chickens right now. I have 3 RIR, a barred rock, 2 silver leghorns, and 5 EEs. This is down from a high of 35. Haven't lost any to predation, but processed a bunch of Cornish X for the freezer. Will be getting hen chicks in soon plus some more Cornish X.
    4. Stumbled on BYC when searching for chicken coop plans on the net.
    5. I like to hunt, fish, read and travel. And now chickens.
    6. I have a couple of labradors (my avatar is one of them - named Churchill). I'm a school guidance counselor.

4. CMTSMWC

CMTSMWC Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 9, 2011
    Indiana
    Hello Nikki! Welcome from Indiana!! [​IMG]

1. I got my first chickens this year in early March and have loved every minute!

2. I have 28 chickens and 4 ducks

3. So many different breeds: Barred Rocks, Buff Orpingtons, Golden Laced Wyandottes, Australorps, Dark Brahma, Light Brahma, Black Jersey Giant, RIR, Faverolles, Egyptian Fayoumis, WC Black Polish, Black Ameraucanas, and mutts [​IMG]

4. Google [​IMG]

5. I enjoy reading (reading Atlas Shrugged right now, great book!), and Horses

6. I have 5 dogs, (German Shepherd, Yellow Lab, Beagle, Mini Schnauzer, Chiuaua) 3 Horses, (Haflinger, QH, Arabian) 2 Pygmy gots who are twin brothers, then my chickens and ducks. I am an Equine major at Saint Mary-of-the-Woods College

Can't wait to hear everyone else's answers! [​IMG]

5. Nicole01

Nicole01 Overrun With Chickens

Mar 28, 2011
    MN
    Hello and welcome to BYC![​IMG]
    (1) Are you new to chickens / when did you first get chickens? We started our flock this past March

(2) How many chickens do you have right now? 8

(3) How many different breeds-- 7~ 2 EE's, RIR, GLW, D'uccle, dark brahma, SS, and frizzle Cochin.

(4) How did you find out about BackYardChickens.com? google

(5) What are some of your other hobbies? Chicken ranching, Internet, my family

(6) Tell us about your family, your other pets, your occupation, or anything else you'd like to share. I am a SAHM to 3 girls. We have 2 big dogs, 4 cats, fish and 2 hamsters.

6. Cadjien_De_Louisiane

Cadjien_De_Louisiane SWLA Gamefowl Breeder

Apr 18, 2011
    Welsh, LA
    Welcome to BYC Nikki [​IMG]

7. The Funky Chicken Dunce

The Funky Chicken Dunce Out Of The Brooder

Hi there! [​IMG]

(1) Are you new to chickens / when did you first get chickens? I think it's four years now

(2) How many chickens do you have right now?Somewhere around 30 [​IMG]

(3) What breeds do you have? RIR, Buff Orpington, Barred Rock, Golden Laced Wyandottes, Silver Laced Wyandottes, Easter eggers, AustralorpXBantams, and Silkies.

(4) How did you find out about BackYardChickens.com? Google

(5) What are some of your other hobbies? Horseback riding, Diary Goats, Classic cars, Reading, Art (sculpting painting crafts), Music (singing piano and guitar), general outdoorsy stuff [​IMG]

(6) Tell us about your family, your other pets, your occupation, or anything else you'd like to share. I have no family of my own per-say but I have horses, goats, cats, dogs, fish, a turtle, hamsters and of course chickens. I have been a floral designer a few years now I'm on to something new.

Last edited: Jul 28, 2011
  8. FeatheredObsessions

FeatheredObsessions Chillin' With My Peeps

May 24, 2010
    Oregon
    WELCOME!!!

[​IMG]

9. texasgal

texasgal Brood with an Attitude

Apr 18, 2009
    A big Texas-sized [​IMG]

[​IMG]