Hello!

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by animalove, Aug 2, 2011.

1. animalove

animalove Out Of The Brooder

Hi, I just found this site yesterday but I love reading all the chicken stories in the forums and looking at all the adorable picture [​IMG] I dont own a chicken yet except I am trying to convince my dad to let me buy one and right now I am looking at buying a female Buff Orpington [​IMG] I think they are really gorgeous! I actually found this site while researching about chickens for my speech that I made to try to convince dad [​IMG] I really hope he says yes so when I save up around $304 or something around that I can buy a chicken and all the things I need for it [​IMG] Anyway, I'm really enjoying myself here and I hope I can soon own a chicken of my own [​IMG]

2. sheila3935

sheila3935 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 10, 2010
    Stonington, illinois
    [​IMG] I hope you can convince your dad to let you have some. You really need 2 though. They are flock animals and do better with a buddy. Tell your dad they are one of the easiest pets to keep and they will give you yummy eggs.

3. wolftracks

wolftracks Spam Hunter

Nov 6, 2009
    Modesto
    [​IMG] [​IMG] from California

I hope you can talk your dad into it, but yeah you do need at least 2. They don't do well alone.

4. redsoxs

redsoxs Chicken Obsessed

Jul 17, 2011
    North Central Kansas
    [​IMG] from Kansas! Good luck with Dad!! [​IMG]

5. Nicole01

Nicole01 Overrun With Chickens

Mar 28, 2011
    MN
    [​IMG] Hi and welcome to BYC! I really hope your dad let's you get a couple chickens. Be sure to get at least 2. They need each other as company. Good luck!

6. animalove

animalove Out Of The Brooder

Thanks everyone! I hope I can convince my dad too and oh! Thanks for the advice, I'll make sure to get two [​IMG] Also, I was wandering if they need any vaccinations when bought? I'm thinking of buying Six week old ones if that helps [​IMG]

7. ChickenDayz

ChickenDayz Out Of The Brooder

Aug 1, 2011
    Mudford
    Good luck with your dad... I agree with the advice about getting 2... and six week old youngsters are brilliant... I have 4 10 week old chicks however because they were hatched and raised till 6 weeks old by a white sussex they are not tame as such... I would say to handle them as much as possible and tell your dad Alex in England says they will be the best eggs he's ever had once they start laying and such amazing company in the garden... I can tell this difference between shop bought eggs and a fresh laid egg... not just the size and colour of the yolk but the flavor too...

good luck

x Alex:thumbsup

8. Skitz

Skitz Skitz15k

Nov 11, 2008
    Texas
    Welcome to BYC!

9. texasgal

texasgal Brood with an Attitude

Apr 18, 2009
    A big Texas-sized [​IMG]

[​IMG]