Hello :)

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by suki'smom, Aug 5, 2011.

1. suki'smom

suki'smom Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 4, 2011
    Central Wisconsin
    Hello everyone [​IMG] My name is Mariah and I live in Wisconsin. I love chickens, and currently have 37 of them, but I have all kinds of other critters as well. Currently I am the proud mom of 1 female American Bulldog (Cora), 1 male Black Labrador (Diesel), 1 POA/Quarter Horse Cross gelding (Rusty), 1 female 3 male cats (Mittens, Leonitis, Billy, Ninja), 1 male 4 female Leopard Geckos (Garfield, Emmi, Flower, Sass, Pearl), 1 female Russian Tortoise (Cricket), 1 male Three Toed Box Turtle (Pete), 1 male 1 female Fiddler Crabs, 2 male 1 female Bettas, 2 Goldfish, 1 Catfish, 1 Bluegill, 1 Pleco, 1 male 1 female Red/Cross Foxes (Yogi Bandit, Lady) and 1 male 1 female Silver Phased Red Foxes (Taz, Suki)....I think that's all lol

Now as far as chickens go I have 4 Welsummers, 6 Speckled Sussex, 5 Buff Orpingtons, 4 Black Jersey Giants, 5 Ameracauna, 2 Golden Laced Polish, 2 White Crested Blue Polish, 2 Buff Laced Polish, 2 Silver Laced Polish, 3 Blue Laced Red Wyandottes, and 2 Barred Rocks.

I used to have ducks and geese but not anymore and I would love to have some turkeys someday.

Wow sorry for the long lists and post lol I am excited to see and hear about everyone else's babies and learn some new things as well as share my own experiences [​IMG]
    Mariah

2. kidcody

kidcody Overrun With Chickens

[​IMG] [​IMG] from WA. glad you joined:thumbsup [​IMG] [​IMG]

3. redsoxs

redsoxs Chicken Obsessed

Jul 17, 2011
    North Central Kansas
    [​IMG] from Kansas! Glad you are here!! [​IMG]

4. JulieNKC

JulieNKC Overrun With Chickens

Sep 25, 2010
    Kansas City
    [​IMG] from Missouri! [​IMG]

5. weimarmama

weimarmama Overrun With Chickens

Jun 4, 2010
    Alabama
    My Coop
    [​IMG] & [​IMG] from Alabama. Glad you joined us. Sounds like you have some very nice animals [​IMG] Good luck with them all [​IMG]

6. spark1051

spark1051 New Egg

Aug 5, 2011
    Hello I just joined the forum. I have looked around the website a few time's and am interested in a lot of topics. Me and my wife have had chicken's a couple of month's. I have already learned a lot. I am a retired electrician that's why my member name is spark . I did not know how much I would enjoy having chicken's. We also have 5 dogs who live in and out.3 cat's. 1 cockatoo that is a handful and loud sometimes. He also talks a lot. 2 small birds and a rat. We have 9 hens and 2 roosters. They are just starting to lay. We are getting about 5 eggs a day right now. I never realized how amusing and comical they can be at times. I am going to enjoy reading this forum. Thanks spark.

7. Nicole01

Nicole01 Overrun With Chickens

Mar 28, 2011
    MN
    [​IMG] Hello Mariah and welcome to BYC! I really enjoy the chickens too. I recently brought my first flock home last March-April.

8. Barred Babies

Barred Babies Red Roof Farms

Sep 20, 2009
    Pride, La.
    [​IMG] & [​IMG] from Louisiana!

9. mycountrygirls

mycountrygirls Out Of The Brooder

Jul 28, 2011
    Virginia
    Welcome from Virginia! I love the Blue Laced Wyandottes- they're on my wish list!

10. dawg53

dawg53 Humble

Nov 27, 2008
    Jacksonville, Florida
    Welcome to BYC.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by