Hello!

omegorchards

Songster
8 Years
Jan 5, 2012
Columbia Gorge, Oregon USA
I wanted to introduce myself to the forum. My name is Mike Omeg and I am a fifth generation farmer in The Dalles, OR. My family and I manage almost 400 acres of cherries here in the Columbia River Gorge. I raised chickens for 4-H as a kid and just got back into the poultry this spring. At present I have chickens (mostly black and white Jersey Giants) and White Midget Turkeys. Recently I decided I would like to breed chickens for my own enjoyment as well as to preserve the breed(s). I joined the forum to network with other poultry enthusiasts and to make contacts for breeding stock to begin my flock. I am still trying to decide what breed(s) upon which I would like to focus but at this point I am leaning twards Jersey Giants and White Midget turkeys. I would like to hatch my eggs with broody hens and I believe I might get some standard cochins for this purpose. I will post pictures of my birds and facilities soon.

Cheers!
Mike
omegorchards.com

welcome-byc.gif
D.gif
Welcome to byc. I'm really glad to have all these new memebers joining. I cant wait to see some pictures of your birds.

Welcome to BYC! This is a great site for fowl information.

I lived in western Oregon for about a year during my mis-spent youth. Beautiful place! Don't think I could take very many rainy winters, though.

Glad to have you with us!

Back
Top Bottom