Hello!

Farmer123

In the Brooder
7 Years
Sep 28, 2012
Lakeview MI
Hello! I am from Lakeview Michigan, U.S.A. and we plan to raise chickens in the Spring 2013. I stumbled across this website and thought I would join. I was pleasantly surprised to see the level of activity and look forward to reading and learning a lot this winter. I was reading the chicken breed reviews and found them very interesting. My favs so far are the Buff Orpington, the Barred Rock and RIR. Any advice is welcome!

Best regards,
Farmer 123.

Last edited:
welcome-byc.gif

Hello Farmer 123, Greetings from Kentucky! You have picked out three very good breeds to start with. We have all three of those breeds. They are a wonderful choice for new chicken owners! Best of luck to you with raising them in spring of 2013! You're going to have so much fun.

we have rir's, they are good layers and they are pretty mellow. they don't start any trouble but won't back down from any either, even the roo. we have 32 chickens and 8 turkeys. the coop is 120sq' x 12' high and they have their own 3000sq' fenced in yard to run around and fun and frolic in. they all get along pretty good, with very little drama. our Bo's are by far the most people friendly, any time i am in the coop or yard they will come a running to hang out with me. i have to be careful not to step on them when I'm feeding and cleaning up. we have 17 guineas that will turn 12 weeks old next Sunday and we can slowly start letting them out to play and we hoping that they will all get along OK. they all pretty much grew up together so I'm not too worried about it. good luck with your choices and have fun :)

Hello and welcome to BYC
frow.gif
Glad you joined us!

Back
Top Bottom