Hello

mps3075

Hatching
7 Years
Dec 5, 2012
Northeast Mississippi
Hi,
My name is Paul. I live in Northeast Mississippi. I have lived on a small farm most of my life. My family now lives in town so I'm out of my element right now. I have recently fixed my daughters a chicken pen in our back yard. We have a RIR rooster in with 1 Red Star, 2 Buff Opherton, and 4 similar hens (light red). The RIR and Buff had been laying fairly regular but since i introduced the new young hens we have gotten no eggs. This happens to be about time the time changed and days got shorter. Also temp has dropped as well. Have them a cover portion with light and shelter. know this is the intro section but any suggestions? also about to try incubating so eggs. I'm a AG teacher in high school and have a Lyon Incubator at school. Don't have a hatching manual but have read a few articles on-line and good advice would be appreciated.

welcome-byc.gif
from California, your hens aren't laying (as much) due to not enough light in the day, I believe it's 14 hours of daylight they need? I've never used an incubator but try this forum to see if it helps you: https://www.backyardchickens.com/f/5/incubating-hatching-eggs

frow.gif
&
welcome-byc.gif
from Alabama. Glad you joined us. Definitely check out the link liz9910 provided. Lots of good luck with your first hatch
thumbsup.gif
But be warned, incubating is so addictive
lol.png

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom