Hello!!!

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Ehlena99, Mar 6, 2013.

1. Ehlena99

Ehlena99 Out Of The Brooder

Mar 6, 2013
    Hello all! I just started my flock last week, and although I've been researching and reading for over 3 years this is the first time I've owned chickens of my own! Even though I have read everything I can these 6 were quite a surprise! I started with 3 Red Pullets (could be any red breed) (By chick coloring I think 1 is a RIR and one a New Hampshire red) and 3 barred rocks. I've already had to relocate them to a deeper home because they were flying up onto something and getting out.

Sadly, I lost one of the reds last night.... I'm not sure why, and so that's pretty much why I joined today. I figured I would be able to ask and see who else has had this experience!! :)

I freely say that I am not typically a 'poster', I prefer to sit and read rather than comment, but I do love to read about all of your flocks!

Holly in Ohio

2. sumi

sumi Égalité Staff Member

Jun 28, 2011
    Rep of Ireland
  3. my sunwolf

my sunwolf Chillin' With My Peeps

[​IMG] Welcome to BYC!! [​IMG]

Sorry about your red chicken. [​IMG]
    There are tons of people here on BYC who can help with any of your chicken questions [​IMG]

4. P-Funk

P-Funk Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 20, 2011
    Franktown
    Hi Holly [​IMG] and again, sorry about your girl. Though you're not a 'poster' have you tried finding some locals? Once you have 10 posts (I think) you can add pictures, change your profile, and what not. The best way to do that is stay in 'new member intro's' and and say hi to some other members. Or you can go to Forum - Social - where am i? where are you! - then find Ohio. Who knows, you may find someone right down the street [​IMG] Preston

5. redsoxs

redsoxs Chicken Obsessed

Jul 17, 2011
    North Central Kansas
    Greetings from Kansas, Holly, and [​IMG]! Great to have you here! A reader or a poster - either way, we are glad you joined us! Hope BYC is helpful to you! Best of luck!

6. Kevin565

Kevin565 Chicken Obsessed Premium Member

Dec 22, 2009
    [​IMG]

7. Mr MKK FARMS

Mr MKK FARMS Chicken Obsessed Premium Member

Sep 27, 2012
    Welcome to BYC!! [​IMG] Glad you joined us!! [​IMG]

8. sourland

sourland Broody Magician Premium Member

May 3, 2009
    New Jersey
    Congratulations on and good luck with your new flock - welcome to BYC.

9. 1muttsfan

1muttsfan Overrun With Chickens

Mar 26, 2011
    Upper Peninsula Michigan
    Hi and welcome to BYC from northern Michigan [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by