Hello

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Christin, Aug 18, 2013.

1. Christin

Christin Out Of The Brooder

Aug 18, 2013
    Hello,
    I am Christin, I am 21, I live in southwest Missouri. I love animals and i want to do the best for my birds so please bear with all of my wierde and sometimes probably wacky questions.

2. sumi

sumi Égalité Staff Member

Jun 28, 2011
    Rep of Ireland
    Welcome to BYC [​IMG] If you have any questions, ask away. It's the best way to learn.

3. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    [​IMG] you've got questions, we've got answers. The Learning Center is a great place to start. Then you can branch out to forums that meet your needs.

4. redsoxs

redsoxs Chicken Obsessed

Jul 17, 2011
    North Central Kansas
    Greetings from Kansas and [​IMG]! Great to have you with us!

5. Christin

Christin Out Of The Brooder

Aug 18, 2013
    I baught a hova bater still air incubator used. it looks like new and even still has the plastic tray in the bottom. I set the temp and then put my eggs in but it never produced humidity and the water level never lowered. Do you have a solution for this?

6. Kelsie2290

Kelsie2290 True BYC Addict Premium Member

Feb 18, 2011
    Ohio
    Hello :frow and Welcome To BYC! Did you get the 1602 or one of those? Not sure what you mean by it never produced humidity... you have to play with those to get the humidity level you need and to monitor it you should get a hygrometer, things like the humidity level in the room etc will really affect what is happening in the incubator. If the room humidity is too high you may even have to run a dehumidifier ... be sure you have the vent plugs out if it is high. Not sure if you have the instruction manual https://www.gqfmfg.com/pdf/Thermal Hova-Bator instructions.pdf
    There is a really nice article on hatching eggs in the Learning Center you might want to check out
    www.backyardchickens.com/a/hatching-eggs-101

7. gander007

gander007 Chicken Obsessed

[​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by