Hello

KBgirls

Chirping
6 Years
Oct 9, 2013
Taunton MA
I have three black sex link chickens aka BSL and 3 buff Orpington, they have just started to lay. They are very friendly and get along with all the other animals that I have. I just got a duckling that I think is a boy and about 2 weeks old, he is currently living in a cage with a heat light in my house. He is a very happy little duck eats good and seems to be doing good. I would like him to live with the girls, but I am concerned. I have introduced him to the girls but they don't seen interested at all, I am thinking that he is the only one & is going to be treated like the ugly duckling! Will one of the chickens take over the mothering roll to a duck? The duck is very attached to me follows me everywhere. I am nervous that he will not due well outside with the girls because he is so attached!!!

frow.gif
Hi
welcome-byc.gif
I think they will get along great!!!
fl.gif
It may be a good sign the chickens pay him no mind... LOL

welcome-byc.gif
It would be best to get a buddy for your duck. If he does end up a drake, he will attempt to breed your hens. Ducks are made for other ducks, hens are not. If a male duck attempts to breed a chicken he can damage or kill her . You could go to the "Other Backyard Poultry" forum and post in the duck threads for advice and help in determining what sex duck you have.

Back
Top Bottom