Hello!!

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Jcollyer, Oct 25, 2013.

1. Jcollyer

Jcollyer New Egg

Apr 30, 2013
    Hello, after joining a little while back and browsing the site almost everyday I thought i'd finally make a post! I have my first 2 chickens, unknown breed! (but I thought you'd be able to help me with that? [​IMG]) Their names are Margaret and Shirley.

Margaret is already laying;
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Here she is desperately trying to get inside, along with a picture of her first egg.

[​IMG]

And here's Shirley (Left) with her sister Margaret, making a mess as they love to do!

Shirley is not laying yet and with the English winter not too far round the corner, I'm unsure if we will see her lay this year or not?

We ended up getting them as chicks as my girlfriend worked in a school nursery whilst she is studying at University and they had eggs delivered to be hatched for the children too see. We looked after them at the weekend and fell in love with ALL 11! but unfortunately could not keep them all!

[​IMG]

I did a lot of revision on BYC before we decided to get them and made sure we could give them the care and attention they deserved and now could not imagine not having them! They have such great and different personalities that they're always funny to watch! Margaret is as greedy as can be, snatching all Shirley's treats and Shirley is as laid back as can be letting Margaret have her own way.

But anyway, sorry for the long introduction! I'm James by the way and I would really appreciate if you would be able to tell me what breed they are? Thank you.

2. sourland

sourland Broody Magician Premium Member

May 3, 2009
    New Jersey
    Hi, James, welcome to BYC. You have two red sex link hens.

3. 1muttsfan

1muttsfan Overrun With Chickens

Mar 26, 2011
    Upper Peninsula Michigan
    Hi and welcome to BYC from northern Michigan [​IMG]

X2

4. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    [​IMG]

5. BrendaJ

BrendaJ Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 1, 2012
    Oregon
    Hello from Oregon & welcome to BYC. Great pics. your hens look just like mt sexlinks as you can see in my profile pic. Congrats & chickens are addicting so im sure you will add to the flock soon. Chicken math is a funny thing [​IMG][​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 25, 2013
  6. sumi

sumi Égalité Staff Member

Jun 28, 2011
    Rep of Ireland
    Welcome to BYC [​IMG] Great pics!

7. AK Baha

AK Baha Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 10, 2013
    Anchorage, Alaska.
    Hello and welcome.[​IMG] Yes those are RSL. Great birds I have one now and she is my favorite.

8. Kelsie2290

Kelsie2290 True BYC Addict Premium Member

Feb 18, 2011
    Ohio
    Hello :frow and Welcome to BYC!

9. All Henned Up

All Henned Up Muffs or Tufts

Welcome and enjoy!
    Steve.:frow

10. Jcollyer

Jcollyer New Egg

Apr 30, 2013