Hello

storrmo

Hatching
6 Years
Nov 5, 2013
My name is Jon and I am from Wisconsin and I just started doing the whole chicken thing. I had a friend of mine give me seven chickens 3 ameriacanas and 4 leghorns for there eggs and I believe there doing pretty good for there time of molting. I had gotten them in October I built the chickens a 10X7 coop with eight foot walls and used a old pool frame for there area to run in. I will try to post pics.

Got a ? about keeping the water can from freezing it's plastic so please post some ideas I would greatly appreciate it

Thanks for your time and have a good day.

Last edited:
welcome-byc.gif
I just bring my waterers in at night and fill and bring them out to my birds every morning, if that helps
smile.png

Hi ! I am also new to keeping chickens, and being from Texas, I have not had to deal with freezing water too much. I'm certain the folks here in colder climates will give you lots of helpful info. Good luck with your new flock!

Hello,
I am also from Wisconsin. We use heated dog bowls. I know there are many web sites that show you how to make a water heater out of an old lamp and large metal feeding bowl. We are hoping these heated water bowls hold up well as they were pricey and we had to buy 2 for the chickens, 1 for the goats, 3 for the rabbits, 2 for the pigs, and one for the cats. Also we do not provide heat lamps for either of our flocks, they handle the cold well also 1 flock is in a well insulated and ventilated coop, the other younger flock free ranges in the barn. Both flocks are happy and healthy. Stay warm, it seems mother nature has brought the deep freeze in earlier than normal. Good luck

Back
Top Bottom