Hello

karldaw

Hatching
6 Years
Dec 27, 2013
Hello i am new to the forum and i already need help just ordered some bits off of ebay for a home made incubator,just thinking a 240v bulb will not light going through a 12v current as i have tried how did you guys get round this please ?

images
to BYC!

You might want to check out this section of the forums for some ideas on incubators. Lots of folks have made home made incubators and can help you there.

https://www.backyardchickens.com/f/5/incubating-hatching-eggs

So glad you could join and enjoy BYC!

Hello i am new to the forum and i already need help just ordered some bits off of ebay for a home made incubator,just thinking a 240v bulb will not light going through a 12v current as i have tried how did you guys get round this please ?

First I want to
welcome-byc.gif
Great place to get help
rant.gif

I make sure every thing I use to start with is 120 V but your Question is about 12V so are you using a 12V car battery please explain as I can not see your set up or maybe put up a snap shot of what you are trying to do otherwise I am thinking you are trying to use a car battery to power every thing because you are off grid and that is grate as I was raised like that for some time and if this is the case you need a power converter and you might need more then one 12V to operate a 240V syste, remember if one is 240V all need's to be 240V or you need tow different power converters one 12V and a 240V
smile.png

Enjoy yourself and have fun
thumbsup.gif

gander007
old.gif

hi i have a 240 supply and it has a converter inbuilt and i am running it through this its from a cooler box so the fans are 12v the thermostat is 12v so i am thinking of getting two 12 V 10 W halogen bulbs just like a chap did on the Hack-O-Tronic Incubator what do you think then its all 12v was going to get these these off of ebay and also 3x White G4 Socket Ceramic LED Halogen Bulb Lamp Light Holder 12V ??

edited by staff to remove unallowed link

Last edited by a moderator:

Back
Top Bottom