Hello!

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Chigins, Feb 25, 2014.

1. Just wanted to say hello!
    Only joined up yesterday, (though I've had chickens for 5-6 years) but have used BYC for a while for info.
    Have to say that you seem like a friendly bunch! Never found an unfriendly chicken lover!
    Anyways my name is Tony, I live in the fens of Cambridgeshire, England.
    I've got about forty girls (or chigins as I call them!) & eight cock-a-doddles, as well as Quails, Ducks, Pigs, Goats (given to my wife & I as a wedding present!!) & two Shetland ponies!
    I notice that the site seems to be mainly American, but hopefully you won't mind a brit amongst coops?
    Look forward to chatting & exchanging tips or help.

Tony.

2. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    Actually we have members from all over the world - then just blend in with whatever threads they participate in. You may want to check "where am I, where are you," in the social forum to see if there are any dedicated threads for UK.

3. emma p

emma p Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 24, 2013
    Kansas
    Hello and :welcome !

4. sumi

sumi Égalité Staff Member

Jun 28, 2011
    Rep of Ireland
  5. TwoCrows

TwoCrows Show me the way old friend... Staff Member

Mar 21, 2011
    New Mexico, USA
    My Coop
    [​IMG]

Yes, lots of people from the UK on here! Check out that thread that Sumi included here and you might find some folks nearby you.

Great to have you aboard and enjoy BYC!

6. Kelsie2290

Kelsie2290 True BYC Addict Premium Member

Feb 18, 2011
    Ohio
    Hello :frow and Welcome To BYC!

7. JesNflock

JesNflock Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 11, 2013
    NE Florida,US
    Hello and WELCOME to BYC from N. E. Florida!!! What breed/breeds of chickens do you have?

8. Hiya, firstly thanks for the warm welcome!
    We've got a complete mix of girls including Tuffted Cream Leg Bars, French Copper Black Marrans, Light Sussex, Orpingtons, Cambridge Buffs,
    Polish Frizzles, Silkie Marans, Black Rocks & some that I have no idea of what they are! They all share the same hen house of a night & get on fine together, during the day
    they roam wherever they want. I do keep them separate from the boys who have their own runs. I also have Norfolk Black Turkeys which I keep in a separate house & run as a lot of
    people say they shouldn't mix with hens? We're just getting over some serious rain here but the girls love splashing around in the puddles! Ha!
    Thanks again, take care.

9. chicaschicks

chicaschicks Out Of The Brooder

Feb 24, 2014
    Columbia, South Carolina
    Welcome Tony!!!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by