Hello =)

TattooedMama

Songster
6 Years
Apr 2, 2014
Inland Empire, California
My name is Amanda and I am a new member, though I have used this site as a reference for a while whilst deciding which breed of chicken I wanted. I have just started my little flock of Orpington babies 2 weeks ago with 6 8 week old birds and they are now 10 weeks. I have chocolate, lavender and blue birds. I owned silkies about 10 years ago in high school as an Ag project for school. I am very excited about my new birds and in the process of building them a spectacular chicken coop (at least I hope it will look spectacular when I am done!!). I look forward to learning from everyone here, and of course getting opinions on the sex of my babies. I am beginning to fear I have more than one rooster!!

gander007

Crowing
8 Years
Oct 9, 2013
South Western Death Valley, Ca.
Alright Amanda,
welcome-byc.gif
great to have you joining the BYC flock
frow.gif

Last edited:

TwoCrows

🌻🐣🌻
Project Manager
Premium Feather Member
Mar 21, 2011
New Mexico, USA
My Coop
My Coop
images

Welcome to BYC!

Oh, you are going to love your orp babies! They are so docile, friendly and great layers as well. Very hardy in health. If you have a bird in question and want to know the gender, you can post a pic in our What Gender section here on BYC for some good ID...

https://www.backyardchickens.com/f/15/what-breed-or-gender-is-this

We are so glad you could join! Make yourself at home and welcome to our flock!

TattooedMama

Songster
6 Years
Apr 2, 2014
Thanks!! I am way ahead of you; I just posted some pictures of my babies over there for some gender questions. I am getting nervous I have more roosters than I should and could use some reassurance!

TwoCrows

🌻🐣🌻
Project Manager
Premium Feather Member
Mar 21, 2011
New Mexico, USA
My Coop
My Coop
Thanks!! I am way ahead of you; I just posted some pictures of my babies over there for some gender questions. I am getting nervous I have more roosters than I should and could use some reassurance!
I think they are all pullets. My Orp pullets looked like these at this age. Don't hold me to it, LOL, but I think they are all pullets. :)

Kelsie2290

Free Ranging
Premium Feather Member
9 Years
Feb 18, 2011
Ohio
Hello :frow and Welcome To BYC! You've picked some pretty colors of Orpingtons, good luck with them, hope they all turn out to be pullets for you.

TattooedMama

Songster
6 Years
Apr 2, 2014
Uh oh, I was really hoping my chocolate was a rooster! He was sold to me as a roo, but he has the smallest comb and wattles so that has had me questioning him. Thanks for looking! The chocolate is definitely my favorite; I'm in love with the color and his/her personality.

Top Bottom