Hello

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by LittleRock, Aug 30, 2014.

1. LittleRock

LittleRock Out Of The Brooder

Aug 30, 2014
    Sunny So Cal
    Hello to all! I am fairly new to poultry, farming, and pretty much everything that goes with it. I am excited to meet new folks that share similar interests and likes! [​IMG]

2. Mountain Peeps

Mountain Peeps Change is inevitable, like the seasons Premium Member

Apr 23, 2014
    At our lodge
    My Coop
    Welcome to BYC! Please make yourself at home and we are here to help.

Glad you joined!!

3. Kelsie2290

Kelsie2290 True BYC Addict Premium Member

Feb 18, 2011
    Ohio
    Hello :frow and Welcome To BYC!

4. Wyandottes7

Wyandottes7 Overrun With Chickens

Jul 24, 2013
    Welcome to BYC! [​IMG]We're glad to have you. If you have any questions, feel free to ask!

5. Michael OShay

Michael OShay Chicken Obsessed

May 14, 2014
    Montana
    Welcome to BYC. Glad you decided to join our flock. Please feel free to ask any questions you may have. We are here to help in any way we can. Do you have any chickens?

6. N F C

N F C doo be doo be doo Premium Member

Dec 12, 2013
    Wyoming
    Hi and welcome to BYC! If you haven't done so already, check out the Learning Center articles...lots of good information there.

7. LittleRock

Aug 30, 2014
    Sunny So Cal
    Thank you all for such welcoming posts. Michael OShay, yes I do have chickens. I have been reading and learning for some time now and finally decided to join. This is only my second season with poultry. Last season I had one Bourbon Red, two Easter eggers, two barn yard hens and one barn yard roo. This will be my second year on my "city farm" and I have added quite a few critters. I currently have eater eggers, Cuckoo Marans, Black Australorps, New Hampshire Reds, Polish, what I suspect to be Buff Orphingtons & Barred Rocks, and of course my barn yard mixes. It just wouldn't be complete with out a few unique barn yard mixes. I also have turkeys (blacks, royals, blues, bourbons, a possible Narraganset, BBW and BBB). The BBW and BBB are for Christmas and New Years dinners [​IMG]. 90% of my flock is new this season. Can you tell I went a little out of control? [​IMG]
    I have relied on the info of you kind folks to guide me and my young flock through all our ups and downs. For that I thank this site and all of you!

NorthFLChick, I will definitely make my way over and soak up all the good info. Thanks!

8. BantamLover21

BantamLover21 Overrun With Chickens

Jul 24, 2013
    [​IMG] Glad you joined us!

Feel free to ask lots of questions! We're all here to help. [​IMG]

9. Michael OShay

Michael OShay Chicken Obsessed

May 14, 2014
    Montana
    Very few BYC members are immune to chicken math. :eek:) You have a nice mix of breeds. Black Australorps are my favorite standard breed; very hardy, calm and gentle, and excellent layers of large, brown eggs. Good luck with your flock.

10. LittleRock

Aug 30, 2014
    Sunny So Cal
    Yes Black Australorps make great pets! I currently only have one, and I really hope it's a hen and not a roo. If it is a hen, it isn't laying yet and if it's a roo it isn't crowing yet. They look really nice with all their blues and greens on their otherwise all black feathers.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by