Hello

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Sandylandfarm, Nov 13, 2014.

1. Sandylandfarm

Sandylandfarm New Egg

Nov 11, 2014
    I enjoy learning from Backyard Chickens, so I thought I should join and introduce myself. J I am happily married, have four children and 20 hens. We live in Oklahoma. We have been on this chicken adventure for 15 months now and enjoy it. We have Rhode Island Reds, Buff Orphingtons, Barred Rocks, Silver Laced Wyandotte’s, Ameraucanas, Australorps, a Black Star and a white leghorn. I love watching the chickens. They each have their own personalities and certainly know how to live in the moment. We have a few chickens that try to sneak in the house to lay their eggs, especially the white leghorn.

Have a wonderful day!

Tiffany

2. TwoCrows

TwoCrows Show me the way old friend... Staff Member

Mar 21, 2011
    New Mexico, USA
    My Coop
    Hello there and welcome to BYC! [​IMG]

Sounds like you have a lovely flock of birds! A nice colorful egg basket too.

Make yourself at home here and if you have any questions about anything, feel free to ask. Welcome to our flock!

3. Wyandottes7

Wyandottes7 Overrun With Chickens

Jul 24, 2013
    Welcome to BYC! [​IMG]We're glad to have you. If you have any questions, feel free to ask!

Good luck with your flock!

4. BantamLover21

BantamLover21 Overrun With Chickens

Jul 24, 2013
    [​IMG] Glad you joined us!

Feel free to ask lots of questions! We're all here to help. [​IMG]

5. dawg53

dawg53 Humble

Nov 27, 2008
    Jacksonville, Florida
    Welcome to BYC.

6. Mountain Peeps

Mountain Peeps Change is inevitable, like the seasons Premium Member

Apr 23, 2014
    At our lodge
    My Coop
    Welcome to BYC! Please make yourself at home and we are here to help.

7. sunflour

sunflour Flock Master Premium Member

Jan 10, 2013
    Macon,GA
    [​IMG] So glad you decide to join us.

8. Fierlin1182

Fierlin1182 powered-flight

Aug 26, 2011
    Hi and :welcome Haha, chickens will try to lay anywhere. Sometimes we have trouble finding eggs because our chooks have a big section of the garden to themselves, full of obscuring vegetation. Enjoy the site :frow

9. Michael OShay

Michael OShay Chicken Obsessed

May 14, 2014
    Montana
    Welcome to BYC, Tiffany! Glad you decided to join our flock. You have some wonderful breeds. Black Stars (Black Sex Links), which are actually not a breed, but a hybrid, are my favorites. They are hardy and friendly, egg laying machines. I've raised them for years (along with dozens of other breeds and hybrids), and they have been my best layers, consistently cranking out more than 300 eggs per hen per year. You will get loads of eggs from that lady. Australorps are my favorite standard breed. They are extremely hardy, calm and gentle (my children, and now my granddaughter, made lap pets of them), and excellent layers of large, brown eggs. Please feel free to ask any questions you may have. We are here to help in any way we can. Good luck with your flock.

10. Sandylandfarm

Sandylandfarm New Egg

Nov 11, 2014
    Thank you for the warm welcome everyone! [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by