Hello!!!

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Kyloe, Jan 16, 2015.

1. Kyloe

Kyloe New Egg

Jan 16, 2015
    Hi my name is Kyloe!!! I used to be on this site... 4-5 years ago? But forgot my login info :p

I currently don't have any chickens, but I have had (about) 10 in the past... But they all got eaten by raccoons :(
    I am trying to convince my parents to get some more now.... And they are with it... But I have a problem not going through with my ideas completely... I have a rabbit and after 5 years... I am kinda getting bored with him (poor old dude just lays around all day) so I think my parents don't want that happening if we get chickens.

Anyway... It is awesome to be back here!!!!

2. BantamLover21

BantamLover21 Overrun With Chickens

Jul 24, 2013
    Welcome back to BYC, Kyloe! [​IMG]We're glad you joined us!

3. Mountain Peeps

Mountain Peeps Change is inevitable, like the seasons Premium Member

Apr 23, 2014
    At our lodge
    My Coop
    Welcome to BYC! Please make yourself at home and we are here to help.

Sorry for your losses![​IMG]
    Good luck convincing your parents! I defiantly have been down that road before![​IMG]

4. Kelsie2290

Kelsie2290 True BYC Addict Premium Member

Feb 18, 2011
    Ohio
    Hello :frow and Welcome Back To BYC!

5. Michael OShay

Michael OShay Chicken Obsessed

May 14, 2014
    Montana
    Welcome back to BYC, Kyloe. Glad you decided to re-join our flock. I'm so sorry your chickens were eaten by a raccoon. It's always sad to lose some of our flock. Please feel free to ask any questions you may have. We are here to help in any way we can. I hope at some point you can get some more chickens.

6. matt44644

matt44644 Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 14, 2014
    Sanilac County,Michigan
    [​IMG]

7. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    Sorry to hear of your raccoon disaster. Were you free ranging? If so sounds like you need a securely built covered run to keep them safe. No flimsy chicken wire, 1/2" hardware cloth instead everywhere you would be using wire. If your tired of your rabbit, it would be a good idea to rehome him so someone gets enjoyment from him. It's also not a good sign you will keep an interest in chickens. It would be best if your parents actually had a interest also - so they wouldn't be stuck with birds you no longer want.

I know all about dealing with parents and they weren't much different over 60 years ago. Except when I did get a dog, I kept him up and the next one and so on. They didn't care for the dogs but, they didn't have to do anything about them. I eventually got into grooming, showing ,breeding and writing for dog magazines all before I was an adult (21).

8. BantamFan4Life

BantamFan4Life LOOK WHAT YOU MADE ME DO. Premium Member

Jun 15, 2012
    Washington
    My Coop
    Welcome to BYC! I'm glad you joined us!

9. Wyandottes7

Wyandottes7 Overrun With Chickens

Jul 24, 2013
    Welcome to BYC![​IMG] We're glad to have you.

10. Book Em Danno25

Book Em Danno25 Overrun With Chickens

[​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by