Hello!

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Erna, Feb 13, 2015.

1. Erna

Erna Out Of The Brooder

Feb 12, 2015
    Europe
    My name is Erna and I come from Western Europe.
    My husband and I fell in love with chickens in autumn 2013. At the moment we care for a group of nine, but the number will rise this spring. I am working hard to improve the chicken part of our garden, and I enjoy their company while doing so.

2. Yorkshire Coop

Yorkshire Coop Moderator Staff Member

Aug 16, 2014
    Yorkshire, UK
    My Coop
    Hi :welcome Erna

Glad you could join the flock! Good luck with improving your garden for the chickens. My chickens are just about taking over the garden with new pens and sheds been added as my flock grows! They are great company when doing outdoor jobs though, I love watching them as they go about their business.

Be sure to ask any questions you may have, everyone here to help and very friendly.
    Good luck for when your flock grows in the spring and enjoy BYC :frow

3. dawg53

dawg53 Humble

Nov 27, 2008
    Jacksonville, Florida
    Welcome to BYC.

4. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    Hi Erna, nice to meet your. Welcome to Backyard chickens. What breeds do you have now?

5. Urban Flock

Urban Flock Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 17, 2014
    Southern Oregon
    Hi and welcome to BYC

6. BantamFan4Life

BantamFan4Life LOOK WHAT YOU MADE ME DO. Premium Member

Jun 15, 2012
    Washington
    My Coop
    Welcome to BYC! I'm glad you joined us!

1 person likes this.
  7. snowbunny80

snowbunny80 New Egg

Feb 13, 2015
    Seattle
    Hello everyone, my name is Tamatha. I live near Seattle WA. I grew up raising chickens, then I got married right out of high school to a city slicker who hated farm animals after 10 years of marriage he left me and after crying for a year I woke up and decided to start raising chickens. But I think I forgot how to care for them...lol. I found this site and it's helped me save allot of headache.

8. Wyandottes7

Wyandottes7 Overrun With Chickens

Jul 24, 2013
    Welcome to BYC! [​IMG]I'm glad you joined us.

We'll be happy to answer any questions you may have![​IMG] What breeds of chickens do you have right now?

9. snowbunny80

snowbunny80 New Egg

Feb 13, 2015
    Seattle
    I have Barred Rock, Buff Orpington and Americano chickens. I recently put 43 eggs in my new incubator and its day 9 and I just notice the automatic egg turner stopped working. I don't know how long its not been turning. (the motor makes the sound, but its not turning) I now have to turn them by hand. I hope they will hatch. I hate to keep opening the lid to turn them which is why I got the auto turner to begin with. Has anyone had this problem? Will the eggs hatch? I know it's important to turn them, but i'm assuming they haven't been turning for the whole 9 days.

10. Kelsie2290

Kelsie2290 True BYC Addict Premium Member

Feb 18, 2011
    Ohio
    Hello :frow and Welcome To BYC!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by