Hello

Jules713

In the Brooder
Mar 5, 2015
Texas
Hi. My name's Julian. I've been meaning to join for awhile now but haven't really had the time. I figure no better time than a snow day. I started last August with 15 blue andalusians, 2 roosters 13 hens, and one oddball that turned out to be a silver laced wyandotte rooster. I lost a hen somewhere along the way and one of my blue roosters kicked his way into the slow cooker. I let the remaining fourteen chickens free range and I have 20 eggs that made it to lockdown, on day 19 right now. We also have a few other pets, 3 cats 21yr/12yr and a 2 month kitten we found out back in the rain, also 3 guard dogs 2 yr old bull mastiff/pit mix, 11 yr German shepherd/rotty mix and 7 yr shepherd mix who watch over everything, (when it isn't snowing, raining, or overall inconvenient for them to go outside). Well that's about it.

Last edited:
Welcome to BYC! I'm new here too. I stalked this site for a long time lol and just made an account a few days ago. Thanks for rescuing the kitty out of the rain
ya.gif

Hi :welcome Julian

Glad you could join the flock! Sorry to hear you lost a hen along the way. How nice of you to rescue the kitten from the rain, something I would do too. Your 21 year old cat has a good age yiu must look after it very well. One of my house cats is nearly 14 so there maybe many more years left for him yet!!

Be sure to ask any questions you may have, everyone here to help and very friendly. Enjoy BYC :frow

Welcome!
welcome-byc.gif
I'm glad you joined our community.

Sounds like you have a nice group of animals! I have a cat, too, who is turning 11 this March. I hope she lives as long as your 21 year old cat!
smile.png

Welcome to BYC, Julian. Glad you decided join to our flock. Which part of Texas are you in? My wife and I were both born in the great state of Texas. :eek:) Please feel free to ask any questions you may have. We are here to help in any way we can. Good luck with your flock.

Born in Dallas, raised in mansfield and lived all over the country and in Belize for a bit. Now I'm about 20 Minutes north of paris texas. Thanks everyone for the warm welcome.

Back
Top Bottom