Hellol Everyone! Greetings from Palomar Mountain, California

chef glenn

Chirping
9 Years
Dec 12, 2010
I just wanted to introduce myself and say hello to all you fellow chicken fanciers.
Right now I am working on keeping my flock warm, yes its so. Ca. but it gets cold and occasionall snowy on this mountain
we call home. So far all my birds have kept warm. Looking for ways to keep water thawed, though, looks like lots of options
out there.
Anyway, it's nice to be here, look forward to new insights.
Glenn

welcome-byc.gif
from Mississippi. Glad you joined us!

Hello Everyone!
I know where Valley Center is! That is where most of my chickens came from.
Have the normal "newcomer's) assorted flock of 8 hens and 1 Polish Roo,
some Japanese Blacktails, and Seramas.
Glenn

Boy it was a beautiful day today. I have three muscovy drakes, one hen and two juveniles. Five adult guineas and eleven juveniles. Three geese,a bunch of ducks and too many chickens to count. In other words a little bit of everything.

Welcome! Don't know how your set up is, but we have two heat lamps on a timer. We're having one heck of a blizzard with 40 MPH winds and the coop is a cozy 45 degrees. We bought a wireless thermometer transmitter from Walmart to keep track of the temperature in the coop. So far the girls are happy! We don't have to worry about the water freezing and as an added bonus, they've continued to lay with the lamp being on. We tried a thermostatically controlled plug, but didn't have too much luck (anyone else try this?)--it didn't seem to kick on when we needed it to.

You'll find a lot of helpful info on the site!

Welcome again and Merry Christmas!

Back
Top Bottom