Helloooo chicken peeps!!

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by gardenfowl, Jul 8, 2010.

1. gardenfowl

gardenfowl New Egg

Jul 2, 2010
    Puget Sound
    Wow! I wish I knew about this forum many years ago when I was first starting out with chickens. But I found BYC, finally!!!

So, I live in good ol' unincorporated Snohomish County WA where I've been stumbling through chicken ownership for a good decade or so, and now I am stumbling through my next phase of poultry - turkeys and ducks!

Let's see -more about me....
    I'm a mom of 2 small boys, have lots of animals including a dozen chickens - all various breeds and ages. A couple of turkeys and ducks were this springs addition, an old goat, horse, dogs and lots of salt water fish and coral (I count them as animals too) [​IMG]
    For work I am a landscape designer & horticulturalist, certified arborist, and I own a landscape design/build company. I am currently taking a part time hiatus from designing gardens and writing a book about gardening with chickens! So naturally I am curious to know anyone here who gardens [​IMG]

I'm looking forward to diving into the boards and getting to know ya'll!

2. BarkerChickens

BarkerChickens Microbrewing Chickenologist

Nov 25, 2007
    High Desert, CA
    [​IMG] from so. California!! DH and I love gardening! With chickens though? They eat all of our veggies! [​IMG] However, we use the chickens to eat the weeds/seedlings between seasons and let they dig up the dirt and eat bugs when nothing is planted. They love it!

3. Tigerjane

Tigerjane Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 17, 2010
    Pflugerville, TX
    I bet your yard and gardens are gorgeous- welcome!

4. kfchickenlady

kfchickenlady Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 28, 2010
    N.Calif.
    [​IMG] from N. Calif, so glad you joined! (I wish someone like you lived next door so I could copy your landscaping...[​IMG]) I love gardening and chickens, (and horses, ducks, dogs, cats, goats, rabbits) but its a challenge gardening when they break in to the llandscaping [​IMG] Looking forward to PICs and what a great idea for a book, wish it was out now...[​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by