Helloooo Everyone

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by LAM2011, Oct 21, 2011.

1. LAM2011

LAM2011 Out Of The Brooder

Oct 18, 2011
    hi, joined a few days ago over my poor hen that had a rough and tumble with my jackrussel and wappy cross breed. Now that I have calmed down a bit and she seems to be making progress I have started to explore the forum and found the intro section. So rather late than never - helloo everyone. I am so glad I found you. Have already received some encouragement and good advice. I have horses and belong to horse forums and was so pleased that such a thing as a chicken forum exists. Its Fab! [​IMG]

Born and lived most of my life in South Africa - I relocated to England 11 years - living in Nottinghamshire currently. A few years ago we had the opportunity to rent a farm which was fab having horses in the back garden and got 4 chickens. Unfortunately Mr Fox took my Penny Hen [​IMG] and so we have 3. Do to various circumstance we moved back to civilisation 3 months ago and brought the hens with us much to the amusement of my neighbours. (We pacify them by giving them eggs) They took the move really well although their 'backyard' downsized from 10 acres to 1 acre. I love my chickens and Tinkerbell the one that is hurt is mommys girl. She will come and sit in kitchen with me and talk to me all the time.

Anyway waffling on now - nice to meet all - off to go read some more chickydoodle stories - this forum is fascinating! [​IMG]

2. wolftracks

wolftracks Spam Hunter

Nov 6, 2009
    Modesto
    [​IMG] [​IMG] from California!

Glad to hear you're hen seems to be pulling through.

Also glad you decided to do an intro.

3. AZBootsie

AZBootsie Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 10, 2010
    Congress, AZ
    My Coop
    I hope Tinkerbell is feeling better fast!!
    [​IMG]

4. silkymom1986

silkymom1986 The Silkie Villa

Sep 28, 2011
    Byhalia, MS
    [​IMG] and [​IMG] from North MS! So sorry your girl got hurt, I have the same kind of connection with one of my silkies Snow White, she will lay on my tummy and watch tv with me, lol, mommas girl. I would be devastated if something happened to her, glad your baby is doing better! And you came to the right place for great advise and just chatting about chickens in general, great people here!

5. greymane

greymane Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 2, 2011
    Snyder County, PA
    [​IMG] from the Finger Lakes of New York! Glad to have you aboard!

[​IMG]

6. dawg53

dawg53 Humble

Nov 27, 2008
    Jacksonville, Florida
    Welcome to BYC.

7. GoldenSparrow

GoldenSparrow Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 11, 2011
    Welcome nice of you to join ! [​IMG]

this place Rocks! [​IMG]

8. kidcody