hellooooo from Ireland

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by pinkado, May 11, 2011.

1. pinkado

pinkado Out Of The Brooder

May 10, 2011
    i guess i should introduce myself, well im pink, im from ireland, and may i just say, this forum saved my ducklings life

i am a phesant breeder and hunter, i have many birds, of many kinds
    i have a GosHawk and i use him to hunt phesants, but i feel its only fair that for every 10 i kill, i re introduce 50 back into the wild, so im like eco friendly
    so this yr i went looking for broody chickens to sit on my phesant eggs, and i got 6 lovely ones, and the dude selling them came out with 6 duck eggs, he said there, caygue or something like that, so off i hoped to the store and bought i real nice incubator for them, 100 euro, good price, and i set them in, 7 days, 1 egg non starter, 9 days one blood spot 17 days prolapst membrane, so that left me 3, and last night they started hatching, only one prob though, the electircity went that morning, and i had to move them, i really tried hard to keep them in a high humidity place, but failed, so, there they were hatching away, calling and wriggling, after many hours i realised something wasnt right, one pipped at the pointy end, and couldnt move, the other two, were stuck after breaking the membrane and couldnt get through the shell, so i found here, and started asking a million questions, and yes, i got help, great help
    so after many hurs i helped my little guys out,
    now, im not one to do this without a lot of thought, but it worked, i have never in my life seen baby ducks, so i fell in love instantly, but, i got worried, i didnt know that when ducks hatch and have absorbed the yolk they have what im calling 'fat bum', i thought the yolk didnt go in right, but after spending 4 hours on here, i saw it was no worry as it was actually the yolk, inside them,
    the backwards one is still recovering he had a few issues, but hes getting stronger now, relaxing, and the other two, well, there my babys and have a new home...ME!. hahah, evertime i walk by they call for me, i let them spend 10 mins resting on me every 2 hours, the weaker one im leaving to rest
    so, thats me, and me new babys, all here from the smallest farm in ireland says hi
    below i will list my guys

hi from (ducks) pat, paddy and percy (ferets) momma and rocky (cats) george, georgena, patches, shadow, hoppy and sooty (dogs, all big ones) prince, hidy, amber, violet, nonie, casper (hawk) kyser (chinchilla) jack-jack (parrots=african greys) kenko, nescafe, george, (cockatiel) angel(indian blue ring neck) Saphier (chickens, farm ones) pip, pop, blacky, beard face, freckle, fuzzy, shut up, outta my way , (chicken, tame one) squishy..... oh and hello form 100 phesants, and 50 partride......

so i think thats my family, oh hee hee, my partner says hi to , hee hee, he says i always put him at the end of the list
    thanks for all the help, and i will update on percy later on

2. Cats Critters

Cats Critters Completely Indecisive

[​IMG] I'm glad you found us!

Last edited: May 11, 2011
  3. terrilhb

terrilhb Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 11, 2010
    Georgia
    [​IMG] from GA. Glad you are here.

4. weimarmama

weimarmama Overrun With Chickens

Jun 4, 2010
    Alabama
    My Coop
    [​IMG] & [​IMG] from Alabama. Congrats on your hatch & good luck with them. Hope Percy gets better soon [​IMG]

5. Katydid2011

Katydid2011 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 22, 2011
    West Coast USA
    Hello from Oregon to your partner and you (I thought I'd put him first! lol) and welcome to BYC! [​IMG]

6. benjoycei

benjoycei Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 4, 2011
    Wilmington
    Hi from NC, USA [​IMG]

7. pinkado

pinkado Out Of The Brooder

May 10, 2011
    lol, my parnter darren thanks you for including him, hee hee
    percy is no better, i put up a detailed thread in the emergancy section, maybe someone will know whats up with him,
    fingers crossed,
    the other two and flying it, running around, and did first poop, yay!
    anyone who knows anything about chicks, please go to my thread, its called duck with a flopy head, and see if ya can figure out whats happened to percy

8. debryman

debryman Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 5, 2011
    Joshua Tree CA
    Wow! That's quite a menagerie!!! Hi to you ALL and welcome from Joshua Tree California!!

9. 10 point

10 point country boy

Feb 19, 2011
    LaFayette, NY
    [​IMG] from NY

10. Wisher1000

Wisher1000 Bama Biddy

I love Ireland! Welcome to BYC! We are a friendly and helpful bunch of chicken lovers, and proud of it! LOL Hello to your partner toooooooo!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by