Help 😭 1 week Silkie front flips and wobbly head!

IdahoChicknAddictn

In the Brooder
Apr 29, 2020
This just started an hour ago! Looks like she’s itching her belly and starts doing front flips, lands on back and head goes limp or is very wobbly. If you have any idea what it is or how to help please let me know! I’m a new chicken mom and this is 1/6 new babies. I am trying to post a video..

I also have a 2 day old bantam Mille fluer d’uccle chick that keeps ending up on its back but jumps up and is lively. Both chicks are from Meyer farms.

Any input is much appreciated, thank you!

Week-old problems are more likely to be genetic or nutritional than infectious. I would give 300 IU vitamin E (you can use human pills), and some selenium (you only need a very little bit, but it's needed to use the E) and add b-complex to her water (B-complex is very hard to overdose, as it's water-soluble, and excess is usually just pooped out.)

Wobbly heads and muscle spasms can be caused by vitamin E deficiency, thiamine deficiency, and various other b-vitamin deficiencies.

https://www.merckvetmanual.com/poul...ement-poultry/vitamin-deficiencies-in-poultry

Back
Top Bottom