Help! 2 day old baby turkey has yellow diarreha!

Discussion in 'Turkeys' started by lcourtaway, Apr 18, 2009.

1. lcourtaway

lcourtaway Out Of The Brooder

Oct 22, 2008
    St. Louis Missouri
    I just got a blue slate poult on Thursday of this week. I also have 4 new chicks of various breeds. The turkey is eating but not a lot and he seems only interested in the hard boiled egg yolks the hatchery recommended. He became lethargic and I hand fed him baby food which perked him up but he doesn't want to eat his Turkey startena and his poop is yellow and smells strange. What am I doing wrong? I have gotten so attached to this little guy. I have been up every 2 hours for the last 2 days. The hatchery sent me home with him at 1:00pm and he had just hatched that morning. His toes were curled and he was really wobbly but now his toes are straight and his balance is alright. I don't know what to do please help.

2. Harp Turkey Ranch

Harp Turkey Ranch Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 18, 2008
    McCleary, WA
    I posted a response on your other thread.

3. MandyH

MandyH You'll shoot your eye out!

I would probably have stinky, yellow diarrhea too if I had been eating only boiled egg yolks.

4. lcourtaway

lcourtaway Out Of The Brooder

Oct 22, 2008
    St. Louis Missouri
    Quote:Thanks SO much Kristen....that was really helpful....

5. MandyH

MandyH You'll shoot your eye out!

Sure thing. Common sense goes a long way when raising poultry. Or any animal for that fact.

6. chicdaddy

chicdaddy New Egg

May 2, 2009
    Has your poult been doing better? Eggs in small doses are ok but better to do mash and regular feed to get them going.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by