help!! 2 day old jap pasty butt but after cleaning.....

sunket77

Songster
10 Years
May 21, 2009
Texas Hill Country!
tiny 2 day old jap
I was cleaning pasty butt w/ warm water and I think i pulled off what was left of umbilical
leaking yellow yolk lookin stuff and a little blood what do I do? I am compressing it lightly w/paper towel

help!

It's slowed down .. I think it;s stopping now I have two hand to type... what would the yellow stuff be? I said 2 day old but it is really 4 now that I think about it...shouldn't all the yolk be absorbed? it was more yellow stuff than blood very little blood.

poor little guy- would love to see pics if you have them! is that unusual with a hatch? I've never done that, but hubby want to try ... i've infected him!
lol.png

well I have been having really bad hatch rates but with the japanese the short leg gene is lethal so you expect for 25% of them not to hatch here are some pics of the little one to cute!

IMG_0291.jpg

IMG_0292.jpg

you can see the naval area where the "yolk stuff" leaked it was really strange I will have to be more carefull when tending to pasty butt!

oh my, they do have little legs! the way i clean them is soak a cloth in warm water, gently work it loose- i have see people at the feed store just rip it off- which is just wrong in my mind.... also i put vaseline on them to help keep them from getting it as bad...

oh I didn't think of that! (vaseline) I will do that, this was the worse case of pasty butt I had seen! I usually keep on top of it but didn't catch it early enough. I used a warm wet cloth but there was so much poop I couldn't tell what was what! Thanks for the advice it seems to be doing fine.. I thought for sure I had killed it
roll.png

Back
Top Bottom