Help 2 issues. 1) two roosters? Really? 2) got my first eggs!

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by featheredegg, Nov 1, 2016.

1. featheredegg

featheredegg New Egg

Nov 1, 2016
    Mass
    1) lady is rated awesome we got our hens from. Realized we had one rooster. He became aggressive an crowed all night long the second he found his voice. My neighbor complained can't have them in my town. He went to Chechen heaven. Sad. Buff he was a beauty. "Trump", next it took longer but "Hillary" is squawking now. Nothing works! So bummed. Lady I shocked can't help me find a home! Two roosters one flock! Second we have our first eggs from our smallest chicken, "chicken little". Eggs are tiny but have yolks and looks like small blood on the egg is this ok? Laid two days in a row.

2. Pork Pie Ken

Pork Pie Ken Monkey Business Premium Member

Jan 30, 2015
    Africa - near the equator
    Hi and welcome to BYC - sorry to hear about the cockerel debacle. Blood spots are nothing to be too alarmed about with new layers - it can take a while before their laying apparatus gets in sync, so you could see soft shelled eggs, shell-less eggs and some interesting shapes. As long as funky egg production does not continue for too long, I'd say all is fine.

Best wishes
    CT

1 person likes this.
  3. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    Thank you for joining us at Backyard chickens

1 person likes this.
  4. redsoxs

redsoxs Chicken Obsessed

Jul 17, 2011
    North Central Kansas
    Greetings from Kansas, featheredegg, and :welcome! Great to have you aboard. Sorry to hear about your rooster woes. :(. Best wishes and thanks for joining BYC!

5. N F C

N F C doo be doo be doo Premium Member

Dec 12, 2013
    Wyoming
  6. BantamFan4Life

BantamFan4Life LOOK WHAT YOU MADE ME DO. Premium Member

Jun 15, 2012
    Washington
    My Coop
    Welcome to BYC! I'm glad you joined us! :)

7. featheredegg

featheredegg New Egg

Nov 1, 2016
    Mass
    thanks for the article!

8. CuzChickens

CuzChickens CountryChick

Apr 24, 2016
    Virginia
    Hi there, and welcome to Backyard Chickens! So glad you could join us, and I hope you make yourself at home here! LOL, the names are funny, you won't forget what time you got them!

9. QueenMisha

QueenMisha Queen of the Coop

Welcome to BYC! It's great to have you.

10. featheredegg

featheredegg New Egg

Nov 1, 2016
    Mass
    So our only layer has stopped laying eggs! It's been 4 days. Weather is colder 45 less daylight. But we still have the rooster "Hilary", who we haven't sent to rooster heaveN yet. He wasn't bullying but all of a sudden started bullying and pecking and mounting the entire flock. Total of 9 we have. So I am wondering if he has scared her?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by