1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

HELP 2 of my eggs in my incubator look to be furthering along faster among the other 17 eggs

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by vonkettle, Jan 14, 2014.

1. vonkettle

vonkettle Out Of The Brooder

Oct 7, 2013
    ~~I candled my eggs today! I put the eggs in Jan 6 so today is day 8 This is my second candling....there are 19 moving around in the eggs. However I have 2 araucana eggs they are moving inside...however they seem to be filling almost half the egg already....the others I can see through most of the egg and see the spot moving around inside the egg. I know they are all fertile! So why are the other 2 looking like further progress? What should I do should I take them out earlier and place them in another incubator so they can settle and pip out or should I just take them out of the turner at the same time as the others? I gathered 2 dozen eggs in about a week or a little over a week and put them in all at the same time. However the araucana eggs were inbetween the week when gathered from out back. I have white eggs gathered before them and are in the same progress as every other egg. HELP! what do I do!?

2. gimmie birdies

gimmie birdies Overrun With Chickens

Feb 12, 2013
    Eastern WA
    they are fine just leave them in there. after day 8,9 the egg will start to get darker and you won't see inside the egg as well anylonger. this is a good thing your eggs are developing by day 18 the whole egg will be dark but the air cell. then on day 20 you would not even see that. by the way you should not candle after the 18th day if you are new to the hatching process.

Last edited: Jan 14, 2014
  3. gimmie birdies

gimmie birdies Overrun With Chickens

Feb 12, 2013
    Eastern WA
    [​IMG]
    this is day 6, I am now on day 7 so feel free to as me questions since we are almost on the same page.

4. vonkettle

vonkettle Out Of The Brooder

Oct 7, 2013
    I have hatched many eggs before just this has never happened before...my 2 eggs are darker than that egg....it is completely black can't see at all...I see the air cell. It is just strange. How big of a difference those two eggs are compare to all the others

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by