Help! 2 week old chick with new neck injury!

laurenhollidge

Chirping
6 Years
Apr 23, 2014
We got 5 little chicks 2 weeks ago and today one of the smallest ones (she hadn't been growing like the others) was hiding in the corner and when I went to get her out she started to chirp loudly and run almost sideways. Her neck is now turned so that she looking to the right and down a'little bit. I researched some and someone mentioned Wry Neck but wouldn't that have been an issue earlier on? We separated her from the others and we're going to feed her 3 times a day vitamin E in her food and a vitamin supliment in her water. If you have any idea what this could be please help!! We don't want the little chick to die.

Wry neck can also be a result of a head injury as well as a vitamin deficiency. Give her both vitamin E and selenium. Both are found in Poultry Nutridrench or Poultry Cell. If using regular chick vitamins, you can give her a little bit of egg for the selenium. Let us know how she gets along.

Unfortunately I can't get her to eat or drink anything. She's now almost completely limp except for the acasional attempt to stand up. I'm not expecting her to live much longer but hopefully I'll wake up to a different outcome.

She servied the night! A bigger chick was picking on her so that might have been that cause. She's not able to eat or drink because she can't stand up. It's really sad to watch. I wrapped her in a towel and she drank a tiny bit and ate a small amount of wet food. As far as I can see she hasn't pooped at all. Hopefully she will be alright!

Sadly she passed...is it possible for chicks to have strokes? It seamed like half of her body was paralyzed. I would really like to know what happened and if we did anything wrong.

Back
Top Bottom