HELP'!!! 2

Pics

Jessica Thompson

Songster
Oct 15, 2017
Warren
IMG_0889.JPG
So my first thread helped a lot but it's been 10 hours and no changes just a tiny pip hole is this normal anything helps thanks!

View attachment 1349421 So my first thread helped a lot but it's been 10 hours and no changes just a tiny pip hole is this normal anything helps thanks!

It can be, but with you holding it and taking a picture, it is outside of the incubator.

That incubator should be closed for three days before hatching date. The humidity should be increased. Taking the egg out will lower the humidity enough that one will most likely heat shrink now.

I know it is hard, but one must really discipline themselves to not touch the eggs in the last three days. Opening the incubator loses humidity and hurts the chicks. You cannot get that back without some damage occurring.
Sorry.

Awesomeness!!! :celebrate
I think most of us have a hard time staying out of the bator at hatch time. Just be sure if you have to open it and get one out, you work quickly and keep the bator closed till you're ready to put the egg back in. And don't keep one out longer than necessary or it will get to cold. Most hatch just fine on there own and the most important thing is not to panic and jump to assist too soon. And it's hard to know when to help. Keep us posted on em and if you aren't sure, post pics and details of the egg in question and someone will help.:love

Back
Top Bottom