Help 2

lorraine83

In the Brooder
Jul 14, 2018
so our adopted ducks are doing good sleeping insdie at night and we have splash time where i can watch them play. These are our first ducks and glad we rescued the little balls of yellow fluff. we have named them Lavender and lilly,
i take them in at night as i dont want then to get cold or eaten lol. my children love them to bit already.

i have been googling alot since sunday and have found out you can train them does anyone have any tips on how i can start this and what to start with.

also is there anything i shldnt do with them

one more thing i am trying to keep them ultra clean change there bedding and using puppy pads so can juts buddle it all up and throw away. but i also wipe out with animal wipes that help deodorise and stuff but will this do them more harm than good if i make them to clean.

i am spending as much time as possible with them and one now doesnt run and go into a duck panic when i put my hand in. Both will eat from my hand

You wipe down their lil pen with animal wipes. What is the ingredients? some types of fumes are harmful I use white vinegar and water for cleaning.

Sounds like they have just waddled right into the family that is so sweet.
When I want my ducks chickens geese to come when I want to put them up etc I get out the meal worms and shake the container and whistle they come a running. dried meal worms are a very special treat here. Thawed lil green peas is another you can sprinkle both into their water container or pool too they will love bobbing for them. That's so sweet you already have them coming to you and eating out of your hand. Ducks are very special messy but special.

I have a few Runners that are very shy and won't eat out of my hand till I get out the meal worms that seems to break any ice.

i didnt think about the wipes being toxic it is a dig wipe thing i have found in tescos.
any ideas of places on line i can get supplies from.
i think they are only a week or two old we dont know alot about them other than someone was going to put them in a lake after they didnt reaise how messy they were. and now they are our lol

Back
Top Bottom