help!!!! 3 chickens with one eye shut. What is going on? Does anyone know what is going on and wha

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by 1Cathy1, Jun 29, 2016.

1. 1Cathy1

1Cathy1 New Egg

May 7, 2016
    3 of my 6 chickens have one eye that is shut. One just looks like it is closed shut. Another looks like a white film is over it. Never had this happen before and I love my girls. Anyone had this happen or know what it is? Any help would be so grateful.

2. Gresh

Gresh Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 9, 2011
    North Carolina
    Hi there!

Do you mind posting some pictures of their shut eyes? That would be helpful to me and others in giving possible diagnoses.

Are they acting healthy besides their eyes? How long have they had it? It may be an allergic reaction to something in their environment.

~Gresh~

3. 1Cathy1

1Cathy1 New Egg

May 7, 2016
    do not know how to post pics. sorry. Just noticed it today for the first time. My daughter said to put 1 teaspoon of ACV per 1 gallon of water for drinking and she told me to go get some Vet RX to put on the waddles and crop.

4. Gresh

Gresh Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 9, 2011
    North Carolina
    To upload a photo, go to the "Insert Image" icon in the reply section (up near the text options) and click it. When the window comes up, click "Upload Files," which will allow you to upload pictures directly from your computer. Once you select the images you want to upload, click "Submit," and the photos should come through fine.

The apple cider vinegar is a good idea. Let us know how it works. In the meantime, any change in their condition?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by