Help! 3 different chicks have died so far

Pinenot

Songster
12 Years
Sep 11, 2007
My chicks will seem good after hatching and all the sudden they start throughing their head back, acting dizzy, and when on their side they stretch their legs out. He or she acts like it is so dizzy it can't stand. Could this be a disease?

I have other chicks of the same breed eating and drinking out of the same place and their just fine. It can't be that. She now has both legs behind her and no use from them other than she can kick. She can't stand on them at all. They just go out strait. I know she is going to die. She can't get to water. I do have her in a different area now with her own food. I just don't get it. 3 have had this same thing happen.

Try feeding them wet cat food - either dry cat food soaked with water or canned cat food. Could be nutritional deficiency and they need a good source of meat protein which dry chick feed does not supply.

I would get a necropsy ....especially since this is not a "one-off" incident... contact your state vet or extension service to find out where.

Back
Top Bottom