1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

HELP!!! 3 week old chick making weird noise

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by blue fire, May 8, 2007.

1. blue fire

blue fire Chillin' With My Peeps

May 2, 2007
    Murfreesboro, TN
    I have 4 chicks that are 3 weeks old. This morning one of the chicks made a very weird noise. It kinda sounded like a whining dog.

2. 2mnypets

2mnypets Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 11, 2007
    Galesburg, IL.
    Did you check the throat for worms or any blockage? How about the vent area. Is the chick eating and drinking ok? What are you feeding them? Do you have any supplements in the water? What kind of bedding are you using and are there any drafts? What wattage of bulb are you using and how far away from the chicks is the light? Do you have other pets or children that could have done something to the chick on accident. There are a million and one reasons why chicks do what they do and sometimes after we've covered all the bases, we're no smarter than when we started. But in all honesty, if you could give us some more information to include the breed and possible pictures, it would help those trying to help you come up with some possible answers. Best of luck to you Blue Fire. Keep your chin up. Someone here will always seem to have an answer.

Last edited: May 8, 2007
  3. marie_martin

marie_martin Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 21, 2007
    Grenada, MS
    Maybe a roo?? Trying to crow??? Could be a lot of things. As mentioned, we need a little more info? hope it is nothing serious.

Marie

4. blue fire

May 2, 2007
    Murfreesboro, TN
    I don't know which chick it is but it is a female and either a RIR or an orpington. Both chicks are acting normaly and are eating and they are fine when they go outside. It only makes the noise when it is in the brooder.I'm realy worried.

Last edited: May 8, 2007
  5. blue fire

May 2, 2007
    Murfreesboro, TN
    [​IMG]

6. allen wranch

allen wranch Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Jan 11, 2007
    San Marcos, TX
    What does the [​IMG] mean ? Is the chick OK now ?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by