HELP!! 3 week old Red Cross Pullet with diarrhea

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by hockeymom1980, Apr 13, 2016.

1. hockeymom1980

hockeymom1980 New Egg

Mar 25, 2016
    Watseka, IL
    This is me first time raising/having chickens and one of my chicks has a runny diarrhea. They are on the chick starter/grower from nutrena and have been since the first day. We have not changed anything as far as their brooder/living quarters since we first brought them home. Is there something I can do to try and clear it up? Should we get the medicated feed instead?? They are all growing like weeds and eating a lot and gaining plenty of weight. Any advice would be appreciated!!

Thank You!!!

2. Eggcessive

Eggcessive Chicken Obsessed Premium Member

Apr 3, 2011
    southern Ohio
    Welcome to BYC. Are they all looking active and eating, drinking well? Watch for any symptoms of coccidiosis, such as lethargy, hunched posture, weakness, not eating, and runny stools with mucus or blood. Corid in the water for 5 days will treat that. If they look fine, then get some probiotics to put in their water, or mix a little plain yogurt, chick feed, and water and let them peck at that every other day.

3. hockeymom1980

hockeymom1980 New Egg

Mar 25, 2016
    Watseka, IL
    Thank you!! They are all VERY active and vocal! Eating and drinking like normal. I will try the yogurt mixture now!! I read that parsley has good vitamins for them. Will this complicate or agrivate the situation?

4. hockeymom1980

hockeymom1980 New Egg

Mar 25, 2016
    Watseka, IL
    [​IMG][/IMG]

My 3 week old babies!!

5. hockeymom1980

hockeymom1980 New Egg

Mar 25, 2016
    Watseka, IL
    [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by