Hello. This is my first go-around with raising baby chicks so I could really use some help/advice. I purchased six black australorp chicks from our local Agway (so I did not see them hatch and don't know if there were any complications). They were three days old when I brought them home. Immediately that day I noticed that one of the chicks was not acting like the others. She was smaller and instead of being up and about, wandering around the brooder and pecking at the medicated chicken starter like the rest of them, she was just sleeping on the 95 degree side of the brooder under the heat lamp. Once in a while she would get up and go have a drink of water on her own, but then she'd just fall back to sleep as soon as she stopped. She didn't appear injured and I checked for things like "pasty butt" and she looked fine. She was chirping loudly and frequently that day when she was awake. I read some of the forums on here and decided to take the advice of many of the posters in the forums and try some sugar water. I mixed it up and used a 10cc plastic syringe to place droplets of the sugar water next to her beak for her to drink. She did well with that, so I decided to try mixing up a mash of the chick starter (I crushed it into a powder first) and hard boiled egg yolks. She ate like champ from the syringe, pecking at the end of it for more as I pushed the plunger. I put a few droplets of the mash onto the towel that I was holding her in and she pecked it off the towel too. I also noticed that she pooped on the towel. Just a tiny bit (black and white and watery in consistency). This made me hopeful! Whenever I put her back in the brooder though, she would just spend 90% of her time sleeping on the 95 degree side under the lamp and the other 10% getting up to go and huddle with the rest of the chicks. She made it through the night, but on day 4 she wasn't looking so good. I never noticed her going to drink from the waterer by herself like she had on day 3. When I tried feeding her the mash from the plastic syringe as I'd done the night before, she wasn't interested. I had to water it down even more and put the droplets along the side of her beak to basically just let them slide into her mouth when she opened it. She drank it if it was running into her beak, but she wasn't actively pecking at the syringe like she was the day before. It was hard to get her to open her beak too since she was barely staying awake in my hands, so I could only get a couple cc's at a time into her. I tried this about 4 times throughout the course of day 4. She pooped once that I noticed and it was watery and black and white again like on day 3. She made it through the night last night. Today is her 5th day and so far, she's acting exactly like she was on day 4. Not interested in the food, only swallowing what's sliding down her beak, and sleeping the majority of the time. I'm going to pick up some "Sav-A-Chick" from the store today, but is there anything else that I can try? Anything else that I should be doing? I'd hate to see her die after trying so hard with her for the last few days.