Help!! 7mo old Polish loosing weight fast

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by RedRoosterFarm, Nov 20, 2010.

1. RedRoosterFarm

RedRoosterFarm **LOVE MY SERAMAS**

Mar 25, 2010
    Eatonville, Washington
    Bantam 7 month old polish
    She is so skinny and kinda just goes real slow and pecks at a few things but does not eat a lot
    I just noticed the weight loss today but noticed her moving slow a few weeks ago.
    No other birds are acting like her.
    No trama or broken bones
    She has eaten some all poultry feed and water
    Poop is normal that I can find
    I dusted and treated for worms a week ago and also gave antibotice 2 weeks ago.

What do I do to get weight on her?

2. ruth

ruth Life is a Journey

Jul 8, 2007
    Woodville, MS
    I would isolate her and make sure she has lots of food and water. Feed her some scrambled eggs, shredded cheese, diced up lunch meats - all rich in protein. Then watch and see if she eats. Sometimes the birds lower on the pecking order won't run up to feeders and eat. I toss food out all over the ground and don't use feeders so birds of all ages can eat. Finally, since she's a Polish, check her "hair" and make sure it's not in her eyes. I have to give some of my Polish a haircut or they can't see what they're doing.

3. RedRoosterFarm

RedRoosterFarm **LOVE MY SERAMAS**

Mar 25, 2010
    Eatonville, Washington
    Lol, I think she is in heaven! she just got a hair cut 20 minutes ago and then ate 2 scrambled eggs,turkey and cheese and is still chowing. I think she was low man on the totem pole and probably cound not see. thanks so much!!
    Quote:

4. ruth

ruth Life is a Journey

Jul 8, 2007
    Woodville, MS
    Quote:
    Yeah !!!! Eating is a great sign. Looks like she'll be fine. I'd get her back with the flock as soon as possible though because they longer they are away, the lower down the totem pole they go. But, for awhile, you might have to make sure she gets to eat.

Her being able to see will help tremendously - you'll probably see a total change in her personality.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by