1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Help! 8-9 week old chicken!

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by chickenpls, Apr 10, 2016.

1. chickenpls

chickenpls New Egg

Apr 10, 2016
    I have two chickens I bought 8-9 weeks ago. All this time they're fine.. when they grew a lil I put them in the back yard they were running around having fun. I feed them right and everything. Btw one is like a couple days older than the other. The older one recently has no been moving a lot. ( they have a big cage I keep them in) in the cage she has like her head tucked in, can't see her neck. She barely eats in the cage. I'm worried. When I let both out in backyard, they run around & everything, but why is she like this? Looking lazy. Is she sick, should I be worried? Please help me :)

2. howfunkyisurchicken

howfunkyisurchicken Overrun With Chickens

Apr 11, 2011
    Tn
    So, it only acts "off" when its inside the cage, but is perfectly fine outside? Maybe its boredom while confined. How big is the cage? Perhaps they need more space while they're penned up? If its acting fine when you let it out, not sneezing, wheezing, no eye or nasal discharge or weird droppings, I'd assume it isn't sick.

3. chickenpls

chickenpls New Egg

Apr 10, 2016
    the cage is pretty big. It's even supposed to be for a dog. Anyway the other chicken is fine even inside the cage. The chicken I'm talking about even outside the cage she like stands still and has her neck tucked in or something. She just used to move a lot more, walk and whatnot. (Even in cage) . By the way she's like a couple days older than the other one. (She's more fat too )

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by